|Posting||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
About the business and the role
STUDIOCANAL is Europe’s leader in production, right acquisition, distribution and international sales of feature films and TV series. SC operates directly in France, the United Kingdom and Germany, as well as in Australia and New Zealand. Reporting into the Finance Director and leading a small team we now have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant.
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the daily financial accounting activities of the company. As a key member of the finance team you will be ensuring that proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner and be responsible for the production of financial and other key reports for local and group management. The duties of the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Manage all day to day accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Billing , SUN General Ledger
- Assist in managing the group’s external audit
- Managing financial reporting and analysis
- Complete Tax Calculations based on P&L and Cash Flow Budgets/Reforecasts as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation of Budgets and Forecasts
- Preparation statutory financial statements for directors/auditors approval and lodgments of same with ASIC/NZ Companies Office within the relevant authority’s reporting deadline.
- Manage with local, state, and federal government, taxation requirements and filings.
- Assists with reviewing and improving internal finance policies
- Manage the finance team’s day to day functions
- Support and cover for other finance team members as required
Skills and experience
Ideally you will have;
- Demonstrated managerial skills, and able to function in a leadership and supervisory capacity for a team.
- Proven track record in Corporate Compliance especially in the areas of Taxation Compliance (Tax Accounting & Return Preparation) and Statutory Reporting.
- Strong technical skills (Knowledge of Accounting Standards AAS, IFRS, GAAP)
- Minimum two years Post-Qualified Experience
Job benefits and perks
We work in the film industry so if you have a passion for movies and people this is the role for you. We offer hybrid working, casual dress code, birthday leave, EAP assistance, regular celebrations of birthdays and service with the company, and also the chance to watch movies while you work!!
If you are ready to join a fast paced exciting industry please apply below