|Posting||District Administration Secretary|
|Job Employer||Fire Rescue Victoria|
|Salary||$68138 p.a. plus superannuation|
|Job Sector||Administrative Assistants|
About the Role
The District Administration Secretary provides administrative support to a collaborative team within the North West Operations Department who are currently located within the Northern District Office at Bundoora.
Functional Accountabilities include:
- Provide executive assistance and secretarial support to the District Assistant Chief Fire Officer;
- Provide administrative support for meetings including agenda preparation, meeting schedule, catering requirements, minute taking and actions;
- Process payments, purchase requisitions, Total Fire Ban Permits / Notification of Discharge of Fireworks, and management of district office petty cash;
- Maintain District’s intranet page, ensuring currency and accuracy of information;
- Support the District Business Manager to maintain and further develop processes to improve information storage and retrieval.
The successful applicant will have:
- Certificate of Business Administration or relevant experience;
- Business Writing Skills;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience supporting team members.
Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a modern fire and rescue service that meets the needs of twenty-first century Victoria. Established on 1 July 2020 as part of Victoria’s Fire Services Reform, FRV serves and protects communities across Melbourne and Victoria’s major regional centres.
FRV values and respects workplace diversity. We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to work with an engaging team that support service delivery within the Northern District.
We strive to create a high quality working life for our community of valued employees. Working with us provides:
- uniquely rewarding work in the service of the Victorian community;
- support for education, career and professional development;
- attractive pay and conditions, including access to an RDO system;
- an unrivalled suite of physical, mental health and wellbeing support services.
How to Apply
Please apply via Seek by submitting a tailored cover letter and resume addressing the qualifications and work experience criteria listed.
Applications will be reviewed as received with suitable candidates being contacted for interview at that time. You are encouraged to apply early to ensure you don’t miss this fantastic opportunity.
If you require any further information, please contact Hayley Atack, Recruitment Business Partner at [email protected]
To ensure FRV meets its vaccination requirements under the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) 2022 Order (No.2), as amended or replaced from time to time, FRV requires any FRV employee who is required to attend FRV worksites or undertake work for FRV outside of their place of residence to be fully vaccinated (boosted) or an excepted person in respect of whom the Fire Rescue Commissioner is satisfied that any health and safety risks associated with the excepted person’s attendance at an FRV worksite or undertaking work for FRV outside their ordinary place of residence are reduced so far as is reasonably practicable. Information to confirm your vaccination status and satisfy FRV’s above requirements will be required prior to commencement of any employment at FRV.