|Job Employer||Hejaz Financial Services|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
- Competitive remuneration package
- Modern office located in the heart of Melbourne
- Part of a dynamic team that embraces diversity and great initiatives
About the Company
Hejaz is a leading financial institution that delivers a broad range of financial services across investment management, superannuation services, financial advice, and lending to a large and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, and individuals.
Hejaz is a fast-growing business headquartered in Melbourne. Hejaz has a clear vision to continue to grow and provide high quality services to its clients.
We provide a friendly and supportive working environment. At Hejaz, we embrace continuous learning and growth initiatives, open communication, teamwork and collaboration.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Accountant to join our team and be part of our growth journey.
About the Role
The Assistant Accountant will provide support in completing administrative and accounting tasks for our clients. Working closely with the Financial Controller and relevant team members, the Assistant Accountant will review and prepare financial documents and reports for our clients. The role will assist clients via phone and email with their enquiries and requests in relation to our financial services.
To be successful in this role you will have positive friendly attitude and an ability to act with integrity and place clients at the centre of everything you do. With your can-do attitude and effective communication skills, you will thrive and enjoy the challenge of working in a results-focused environment. We will provide the tools and training to set you up for success.
- Assist with reconciliations of bank and other general ledger accounts
- Provide accurate and timely financial information and reporting as requested
- Preparing invoices and processing accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with establishment of SMSFs and preparation of income tax returns
- Assist with adviser and broker commission processing
- Assist in preparing quarterly investment return calculations and documents
- Data entry and reporting
- Assist with external audits
- Assist all staff with general office administration duties including office supplies, admin support and event related tasks
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or related field
- Previous experience in office administration and accounting highly regarded
- Good organisational skills and ability to track and complete multiple tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with accounting software highly regarded
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
It is an exciting time to be part of a fast-growing organisation with opportunities for career development and progression.
In return you will be rewarded for your drive to make positive impact to the Hejaz team. If you think you have what it takes to part of our growth, we want to hear from you.
Hejaz is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Learn more about Hejaz and our business by visiting our website: https://www.hejazfs.com.au/
To submit your resume, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.