|Job Employer||Kiama Municipal Council|
|Salary||Wee000ly pay rate from $1177.20 to $1260.70|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to around 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on achieving our organisational goals and making strategic choices to ensure we have a sustainable future. Kiama Council is committed to moving forward and investing in our most valuable asset – our people – by assisting assisting staff to achieve their professional and personal goals.
As Financial Officer you will liaise with the Financial Accountant to ensure the control of financial and administrative data relating to Council’s accounting systems and in accordance with the relevant legislation and Council’s policies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma of Accounting or equivalent
- Professional experience in a similar finance position
- Experience in completing financial reconciliations
- Experience in maintaining bank reconciliations
- Experience in stocktaking procedures
- The ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Proven data entry/spreadsheet skills.
You will be well organised with excellent time management skills to allow you to effectively meet deadlines. In addition to having experience in maintaining bank and financial reconciliations and with stocktaking procedures, it is desired the successful candidate in this role has experience with Civica, Authority or a similar ERP system.
- Temporary full time, 35 hours per week until 24 January 2023
- Weekly pay rate from $1,177.20 to $1,260.70 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- plus 10.5% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport.
For further information about this position click ‘Apply’.