|Posting||Financial Reporting Specialist|
|Job Employer||SEEK Limited|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||Generous base and benefits|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
SEEK’s portfolio of diverse businesses make a positive impact on a truly global scale. Our purpose is to help people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and help organisations succeed. We create world-class technology solutions to connect more people to relevant employment, education, small business and volunteer opportunities.
We have a culture of high-performance in our workplaces and celebrate the diversity of our employees who contribute to the success of our organisation.
Life at SEEK
At SEEK, innovation, creativity and passion drive us. We challenge the status quo and retain the entrepreneurial spirit which drove our early success.
This is what’s led us being named the AFR Boss Overall Winner for Best Place to Work in in Australasia, and the Best Place to Work – Technology.
SEEK strives to support the wellbeing of our employees so they can lead more fulfilling and productive lives. We do this by providing our people with a phenomenal experience at work. We support many types of flexible working arrangements and provide additional leave days such as personal flexi days and volunteer leave.
The opportunities to collaborate and socialise with colleagues continue, with two hackathons a year and social events.
SEEK is a proud sponsor of the Midsumma Festival and participates in loads of wellbeing programs throughout the year such as RuOKDay, Wellbeing week and many more.
The role will lead the Group’s statutory reporting, support the consolidation activities and provide technical accounting support as required. The role will be involved in the project management of Group’s Annual Report and audit process and the preparation and/or review of subsidiary financial statements.
The responsibilities of the role span across External Reporting, Group Reporting, Corporate Accounting Activities and Control and technical accounting support as well as supporting the Group Financial Controller in the leadership of the Group Finance function.
This is an 12 month contract role.
- CA / CPA qualified with substantial post-qualified experience;
- Extensive experience preparing or auditing listed company statutory financial statements under Australian GAAP / IFRS;
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations, as a preparer or auditor
- Demonstrated track record of effectively collaborating with different teams, including people and teams working remotely;
- Demonstrated ability and passion to coach and mentor team members;
- Detail oriented, strong attention to detail – “Get the numbers right first time” attitude;
- Must be organised and hands-on, with an ability to operate across the business to create efficiencies in financial information reporting;;
- Proactive attitude, keen to learn and ability to work under pressure.
At SEEK we offer:
- Support of flexible working
- SEEKer Support, offering mental/physical wellbeing counselling
- Regular brown bag sessions covering a variety of topics
- Empower sessions with industry leading guest speakers
Here at SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
For this role, only those candidates with the eligible right to work will be considered
At SEEK, the health and safety of our people is our highest priority. For this reason, SEEK has introduced a policy requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within our offices, unless a formal medical exemption applies. In addition, all employees attending in-person work related meetings or events outside the office will also need to be fully vaccinated. We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process, so that candidates can make an informed choice. On this basis, as part of the application process you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood this policy, and would like to continue with the hiring process. Further details about this policy will be shared during the hiring process, as required.