|Job Employer||Kiama Municipal Council|
|Salary||Annual salary from $68629.60 to $73335.60|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to around 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on achieving our organisational goals and making strategic choices to ensure we have a sustainable future. Kiama Council is committed to moving forward and investing in our most valuable asset – our people – by assisting staff to achieve their professional and personal goals.
The role of Rates Officer is to ensure Council’s rating system is administered in accordance with current legislation and Council policies and to effectively implement the recovery of debts to Council in accordance with legal studies and Council policies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Completed Rates training courses with NSW Revenue Professionals or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Rates Officer with proven ability to apply rating and valuation legislation
- Proficiency with computerised rating software
- Experience processing Supplementary Levies
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and regulations affecting rating and valuations, including the Local Government Act 1993 and Regulation and the Valuations of Land Act
- Strong data entry skills and the demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently input rates information
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills with previous experience working as a Rates Officer. You will also have effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to deal with ratepayers and Accounts Receivable customers in difficult situations such as financial stress.
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Annual salary from $68,629.60 to $73,335.60 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- Access to Council’s accrued time system with the potential to take up to two flexi days per month
- plus 10% superannuation
- Access to the Fitness Passport.
For further information about this position click ‘Apply’.