|Job Employer||Mars Recruitment|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||$120000 – $125000 p.a.|
|Job Sector||Analysis & Reporting|
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Commercial Analyst is responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of potential strategic business initiatives, supporting and preparing detailed financial analysis including financial modelling, profitability analysis, return on investment / discounted cash flow analysis, monitoring business issues and impacts to bottom line.
Major duties and responsibilities;
- Undertake financial and commercial assessments of business performance, including profitability, and report on trends. Assist in solving complex business problems through financial analysis.
- Support the development of forecasts, budgets, financial plans, operating statistics, and financial analysis for business proposals/plans, determining methods and timelines.
- Provide commercial advice and decision-making support to contract negotiations, implementation, and renewals, and contribute to senior management decision making.
- Provide recommendations to management on financial inherent risks in potential proposals, plans or contracts. Review pricing and commercial arrangements/terms of commercial opportunities and contracts, and business plans/proposals.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing contractual pricing terms, as well as monitoring and ensuring the successful delivery of business in accordance with the contractual terms.
- Assist with the development of innovative commercial business solutions in line with corporate financial targets and requirements.
- Support driving efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and deliver to budget. Make recommendations for profit improvement strategies.
- Enhance existing price and costing models to ensure target margins of contracts are managed and the risk/return profile of contracts are maintained.
- Create advanced financial models to complete tasks and automate work. Develop pricing tools to streamline and bring efficiencies.
- Provide analytical support to model and assess the viability of new product offerings or introduction of new programs etc. Provide actionable insights.
- Undertake modelling and cost/benefit analysis for the whole organisation, for the evaluation of alternative business strategies.
- Develop business indicators to support and monitor business strategy implementation.
- Assist with maintaining ERP systems including reconciliation of interfaces between other applications and financial systems.
- Run queries for audit reporting and automating processes where possible.
- Maintaining strong and constructive relationships with staff across all business units.
Requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in a finance discipline.
- CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent).
- 3-5 years plus experience in Commercial Pricing or similar.
- Outstanding commercial and financial skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good grasp of pricing models – risk and return.
If this role is something of interest, please hit apply or email [email protected]