|Posting||NDIS Accounts Specialist|
|Job Employer||Connecting Abilities Australia PTY LTD|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
About Connecting Abilities Australia Pty Ltd Australia
Connecting Abilities Australia Pty Ltd trading as Cocoon SDA Homes is a registered provider of NDIS accredited Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) across Australia. Together, our mission is to create an exceptional experience by understanding each Participant’s aspirations and goals and connecting them to communities through our NDIS Platinum standard accommodation.
At Connecting Abilities, we strive to support our NDIS Participants to achieve their goals. Trust and respect in our interaction with each other is our ways of working. Our highly-skilled and passionate team is dedicated to supporting our Participants to live life to the full.
Our growing team is looking for a passionate, highly motivated Finance professional who shares our passion for delivering flexible, reliable, creative and empowering client-focused services and fuller life experiences. The role offers the opportunity to have ongoing professional development, career progression, and a highly supportive, work environment.
If you are a self-starter with exceptional business and stakeholder management skills who is highly organised and able to work both independently and in a team, then this is the role for you.
About the role
Reporting to the CFO, this role will lead Cocoon SDA Homes’ finance team, including:
- Communication with stakeholders and Investors.
- Management of Property Costing and Purchase Ledger Functions.
- Review and control Investor contract payments.
- Finance administration tasks.
- Financial reporting.
- Working closely with the NDIS finance team.
- General bookkeeping oversight.
- Insurance claims and preparations where required
- Leadership and Management
- Analytical analysis to support financial decision making
- High level of technological competency and advanced excel skills
- Honesty and integrity
Required skills and experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting (or equivalent). Preferred but not essential
- 5 Years’ experience working in an applicable accounting role
- 3 Years’ experience leading a team (preferably in a finance/accounting environment)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the Executive Team and staff with a view to enhancing the organisational culture in line within the organisation’s Strategic Plan
- Demonstrated high level skills in dealing confidently and courteously with people at all levels
- Strong practical financial understanding and reporting experience
- Strong organisational skills, the capacity to multitask, successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Excellent administration, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to provide supervision and oversee operations of the finance team as well as contribute cooperatively as part of a team
- Prepare and present all correspondence and documentation in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure compliance with Cocoon SDA Homes policies and procedures
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to hold:
NDIS worker screening clearance,
Proof of Full Vaccination.
You must also have the NDIS Worker Orientation certificate completed and please log in to https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/ if you haven’t obtained the certificate already.
Please ensure you attach a resume cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Connecting Abilities Team.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.