|Job Employer||Ashfords Accountants & Advisory Pty Ltd|
|Location||Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
Start a rewarding career with Ashfords. We are energetic, passionate, flexible, diverse and progressive!
At Ashfords, we are about more than just numbers – especially when it comes to our people. Every employee is valued and treated with the utmost respect for the role they play in making Ashfords a great place to work.
Ashfords is a multidisciplinary firm with 8 business units and growing, we are the largest independently owned firm in Melbourne’s South East and hold strong the relationships and values that are the foundation of our firm.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Bookkeeper to join our team. Someone who is willing to help our business navigate this exciting time. The candidate must have practical expertise with Xero and other accounting software packages.
This role allows employees to travel across Melbourne’s South Eastern Suburbs. We service clients both at our office in Dandenong South and onsite at client premises as required.
- Setup clients for success with their accounting software through training, onsite & virtual
- Collaborating with divisions to deliver the best service for your client
- Preparation of bottom-up budgets
- Prepare and present financials for client and attend board of management meetings
- Identify and implement streamlined systems and process
- Reconcile accounting files, including bank & monthly report reconciliations
- Be able to work at our office based in the South Eastern suburbs or at client premises as required
- Enter, review and reconcile accounts receivable and payable
- Process payroll, including leave reconciliations, superannuation, PAYG, payroll tax and WorkCover
- Prepare and lodge BAS/IAS
- Support clients when requested and troubleshoot issues over the phone
- Staff management, mentoring and development
- Adhoc bookkeeping & administration tasks as required by our clients
- Excellent management & people skills with a focus on verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proven practical experience in Xero & MYOB (most of our clients use Xero, this is preferred)
- Higher education in Accounting or Bookkeeping with a comprehensive understanding of debits and credits
- Experience with Xero add-on products such as Dext, Hubdoc, Shopify, Xero Tax, etc. is highly desirable
- Highly adaptable and can transfer principal knowledge in software, online and server-based
- Strong Microsoft Suite, particularly excel experience
- Prior bookkeeping/financial controller experience across multiple businesses
- Highly professional and able to work in a team
- Someone who can adapt to and manage change
- Able to work well independently and manage personal and team deadlines
- Willing to improve systems and controls
- Must be proactive and a critical thinker
- Valid driver’s licence & motor vehicle is essential
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Why Join Us?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Personal growth and career progression through our Career Progression Program
- Professional memberships paid annually
- In person and virtual social activities including birthday celebrations, team building days, EOFY and Christmas functions
- A friendly, professional work environment where hard work and dedication are recognised, valued and rewarded
- Ongoing structured training to support your growth
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate Massages
- Performance Partnering to strengthen working relationships
- Close to home in a brand new purpose-built premises
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Power of Ashfords expertise and knowledge across divisions and services at your fingertips
- Active investment into your professional development with internal and external tailored training
- Multiple internal committees to allow you to contribute to our direction
- Multiple financial incentives in addition to your salary
- Established practice for over 50 years
How to Apply:
If you are keen to work within a successful, progressive practice with ongoing career opportunities and a friendly environment & culture that supports you, then apply today!
To register your interest in this exciting opportunity, please click the “APPLY” button and send through your resume and cover letter addressing the requirements above.
For further information about the practice go to www.ashfords.com.au
Only successful candidates will be contacted.