|Job Employer||Dillon & Elbourn Pty Ltd|
|Location||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
We are looking for a full-time trainee prepared to grow and develop in a well-established Accounting Practice.
We have been providing comprehensive accounting services to clients across Australia for more than 30 years. Our team is an integral part of the Hunter Valley, Newcastle and Port Stephens business communities and has the experience of a large organisation combined with the approachability and individuality of a small boutique practice. We provide industry-tailored accounting, taxation and advisory services for clients in a broad range of industries.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position represents an opportunity for a trainee to commence their accounting career. As a part of our team the eligible candidate will:
- Assist with month end support including reporting and reconciliation.
- Assist other team members in the fundamental areas of accounting including preparing financial statements and taxation returns.
- Assisting with preparation of Business Activity Statements.
- Assist with Self-managed Superannuation Fund administration.
- Assist with taxation planning.
- Perform fixed asset register maintenance.
Opportunities to take on additional independent responsibility is available to those who demonstrate dedication and initiative.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recently completed or studying towards the completion of an accounting degree or TAFE equivalent (ideally in your second or third year).
- Strong intermediate/advanced excel skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills.
- Be able to work autonomously and has attention to detail.
- Has a willingness to learn and is proactive.
- Prior experience working in an accounting firm will be highly regarded although not essential.
The successful candidate would enter into a program that provides support for their part-time studies whilst providing them with practical on the job training.
To join the team get in touch today by forwarding a resume and a brief cover letter.