|Posting||Accounts Payable Officer|
|Job Employer||Virgin Active|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$60000 – $69999|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
Who are we?
There’s never been a better time to join Virgin Active, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on inspiring people to live an active life is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most loved exercise brand.
We are part of the Virgin group of companies worldwide and launched our Australian business in 2008 with one club, five studios and a dedicated team of just 50 people. Today, we have a team of nearly 1,000 people and we’re building a collection of iconic locations in Sydney and Melbourne.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this gig is all about ensuring accounts payable procedures are accurate, implemented and maintained by working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
In a nutshell –
- You’ll receive invoices and other accounts payable documentation, check and confirm liability for payment
- You’ll reconcile suppliers’ statements and resolve variances
- You’ll obtain appropriate authorisation for payment and allocate expenditure to the correct budget
- You’ll ensure all payment runs are completed on time, adhering to all controls
- You’ll manage and resolve accounts payable related queries from stakeholders
- You’ll reconcile and process petty cash, monthly credit card spendings and staff expense claims
- You’ll maintain records of documents processed for ready access and produce various reports according to operating procedures
- You’ll establish and maintain positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders, working collaboratively to improve practices and processes
All about you
- You have 2-4 years of relevant (accounts payable) experience. You may also have some relevant business-related education. A+ for you.
- You have aligned experience. You know what it’s like to work with a high-profile consumer brand across multiple sites and/or companies.
- You’re used to handling sensitive info and you’re super organised. You immerse yourself into the detail and are known for being meticulous and accurate with large volumes of data.
- You are people focused. You get a kick out of making everything work behind the scenes to create a smooth and efficient accounts payable function. You’re patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You are self-assured. You listen intently. You write eloquently. Your communications are direct, considered, and clear and you’re comfortable resolving conflict when it arises.
- You are driven. You’re perceptive, you ask questions, and you strive to understand. You enjoy solving problems. You can be counted on to continually improve the finance team workflow.
- You have a can-do approach. You think on your feet. You’re motivated to find solutions. You easily move between competing priorities on the go.
What you’ll get from us
- A brand built on a human touch with a playful side
- A culture that’s all about inspiring people to live an active life
- A free membership for you (and your buddy) to workout at our clubs
- Discounted personal training
- Special deals with our retail and service partners
- Work/life balance with flexible options
- Paid parental leave to spend time with your new little human
- Regular personal and professional development
- Confidential 24-hour support via our employee assistance program
- We like to be normal, not formal
How to apply
These opportunities don’t come up often… especially with Virgin. Be part of something meaningful and apply now.