|Posting||Senior Finance Manager – H2CCS Australia|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
As part of bp’s ambition to become Net Zero, bp is looking to significantly grow its Low Carbon Energy (LCE) business by increasing investment significantly. To help deliver this, the Low Carbon Energy Solutions (LCES) Finance team partners with the business entities to help them prioritize and progress their projects, by providing then with access to expert commercial and finance skills, advice, and guidance.
The Senior Finance Manager role reports to the Vice President Finance – Commercial Optimization & Integration and is responsible for identifying, maturing, structuring, and providing high-quality investment valuations of new business opportunities across Hydrogen and CCS businesses in Asia Pacific
The post holder will be responsible for supporting a broad range of business and business development activities, including strategy development, financial modeling, investment evaluation, screening, governance, supporting negotiations and structuring, JV/Commercial asset management, all in service of creating material growth in H2CCS. The role requires a strong combination of proven leadership, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial idea generation, commercial rigor, and willingness to support a variety of aspects needed to foster growth in H2CCS businesses.
- Formulates the development and progresses the H2 CCUS Growth financial strategy in the region
- Leads and supports the business in complex negotiations with multiple internal and external stakeholders/counterparties and also structuring of business opportunities, with technical input and integration
- Works with Treasury in raising additional capital to support future growth, creating financial structuring options to enable this, and enabling bp to partner with investors
- Leads valuation, economic analysis & modeling and investment approval processes
- Assists project execution for strategic projects to meet commercial objectives, including support work for negotiations with third parties on commercial, joint venture and M&A transactions.
- Supports integration of successful transactions into the bp LCE portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, technical discipline or any other equivalent degree;
- MBA is preferred
- CFA or equivalent designation are a plus
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 15+ years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with understanding of drivers of Hydrogen, CCS, renewable energy and power industry
- Deep commercial acumen demonstrated in prior roles and can translate commercial arrangements into financial models. Experienced at using commercial analysis to support the development of innovative commercial solutions in complex value chains and can assess business and financial risks.
- Understands debt and equity structures, including off-balance sheet financing and joint venture arrangements, and hedging instruments
- Strong influencing skills and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Renewable power experience and/or experience of M&A/structuring/financing evaluations
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. BP Australia & New Zealand encourages women, people of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pacific Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the prompts.
Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand.