|Job Employer||Ortho Chemicals Australia Pty Ltd|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting|
Ortho Chemicals Australia Pty Ltd has over 50 years’ experience and expertise in the raw materials industry, both locally and internationally. Ortho Chemicals is an importer, manufacturer and wholesaler of products used in the agriculture, water care, textile, hygiene and cleaning industries.
We are currently seeking to employ an Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our friendly team in our Kensington (Inner Melbourne) office.
The role will include:
- Working with Xero, DEAR, Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Preparation of payroll, including STP, and maintenance of all leave records;
- Preparation and lodgement of all BAS, superannuation and WorkCover requirements;
- Oversee Bank reconciliations and Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable;
- Maintenance of the company’s fixed asset register;
- Other adhoc business related projects including (but not limited to) quality control, marketing and planning;
- Preparation of financial information and reports for Management, on a monthly and annual basis, including other related entities;
- Month-end and year-end processing, reconciliations, and data allocation reviews;
- Involvement in team communications and training; and
- Liaise with external Tax Accountants regarding FBT, ASIC and EOFY requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will enter the business with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in bookkeeping or accounting. Experience working in an accounting firm or manufacturing environment will be a distinct advantage. Accounting qualifications will also be an advantage.
As a key member of the team, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong working knowledge of Xero Accounting software, DEAR stock management systems and Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve;
- Team player, self-motivated, reliable and trustworthy;
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and procedures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to work within a small team environment and also autonomously using your own initiative.
What is on offer?
Work in a collaborative environment with a close knit, friendly and dedicated team of professionals, who are all committed to improving the wellbeing of others and making a positive difference. We offer flexibility to work from home.
This is a permanent position and hours are flexible 30 – 38 hours per week over 4 or 5 days. You will be located at our Kensington Office. Attractive remuneration will be offered commensurate with hours worked, your skills and experience.
Applications close: October 2022.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Your application should provide:
- An overview of your personal and professional traits and values
- The range and history of your working experience and how this will assist this position.
Your application will include responses to the following questions:
- What statement, best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a bookkeeper?
- Which specific areas has this experience covered?
- Do you have experience using Xero and DEAR?
- Do you have experience using Excel, Word, Outlook?
- Do you have experience completing BAS returns?