|Posting||Commercial Analyst (12 Month Secondment) 1|
|Job Employer||Woolworths Food Group|
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Analysis & Reporting|
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- 12 Month Secondment role within our busy Supermarkets Team
- Opportunity to utilise your commercial acumen liaising with finance and non-finance stakeholders
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Business Analyst to join our Supermarkets Finance team. You will be responsible for providing reporting and analysis of actual Sales and GP for a trading department, as well as providing insightful analysis and decision support to the Merchandise Managers and Category Managers.
- Analysis and reporting of Sales and GP results on a weekly basis
- Communicate the financial results providing recommendations with opportunities within the Store Segment and Categories
- Provide insightful analysis and clear commentary by working with the Category Managers and Merchandise Manager on key drivers and performance trends
- Supporting the Commercial team to accurately forecast future Sales and GP for weekly outlooks, budgeting and strategic planning purposes
- Partner with the MM and Category managers to build Capex Business Cases and tracking the benefits
- Provide robust analysis of market & industry trends to aid in the identification of opportunities and risks
- Partnering with the commercial team to develop & implement robust strategic capital initiatives
- Ensure ownership and accountability for delivering results through follow through on key actions with both Finance team and commercial business partners
- You will ideally have had Multinational FMCG experience and supported sales teams across national retail (ie,.Coles, Woolworths, or international equivalent) across grocery or liquor.
- Experience in modeling trading terms
- Good understanding of price strategy and promo effectiveness
- Good appreciation of category management principles
- Experience in managing retail scan and coop claims funding
- CA / CPA Qualification preferred
- Strong systems experience (SAP and Business Objects preferred) and advanced excel/modeling skills
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.