|Posting||Assistant Company Secretary|
|Job Employer||Westpac Group|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Company Secretaries|
How will I help?
Group Secretariat is responsible for managing the company secretarial function for the whole of the Westpac Group. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary, to join our team on a permanent basis!
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and managing the secretariat functions relating to regulatory lodgements with ASIC and APRA and maintaining associated registers;
- Co-ordinating and managing Westpac’s announcements with ASX and international stock exchanges;
- Providing support to the Company Secretary and Senior Company Secretary in relation to Westpac’s subsidiaries, including preparing board minutes and circular resolutions, distributing board papers and reviewing company statements;
- Developing and refining internal policies, processes, systems and procedures relating to Secretariat’s controls contained in divisional Compliance Plans;
- Assisting the Head of Westpac Secretariat with undertaking Operating and Design Effectiveness reviews of controls owned by Group Secretariat; and
- Working with 2nd Line and 3rd Line Assurance functions, including Westpac’s External Auditor, in the testing of controls and provision of evidence as to their operation and effectiveness.
Group Secretariat is a central function in the organisation that deals, daily, with a large number of internal stakeholders. Accordingly, this is an important and critical role and requires the ability to juggle tasks and requests with competing deadlines. The successful candidate must have the maturity to deal with senior executives in the organisation and an ability to build relationships with other staff to foster seamless operations.
What’s in it for me?
You’ll play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our purpose is Helping Australians Succeed – it’s what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day. So, we’ll back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You’ll also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
Whatever shape your family takes, we offer generous paid and unpaid parental leave for your nominated primary and support carers. This includes leave to organise adoptions, surrogacy, and foster care arrangements. And we continue to pay your super contributions while you take all the time you need to get your new family settled.
What do I need?
- Legal or GIA / Chartered Secretaries Australia qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrated company secretarial experience preferably in wealth / financial services.
- Knowledge of corporate governance, Directors and Officer’s duties and regulatory obligations, board and committee processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with ASX, ASIC and APRA regulatory requirements.
What is it like to work there?
As well as a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you’ll get some of the best banking, wealth, and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by coaching and facilitating training and providing career planning tools for you to grow with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we’re proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our priority and we will ensure that physical distancing requirements are met in all our workplaces if required.
The Westpac Group has implemented an Entry to Workplace Policy that requires employees and others entering our workplaces to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by relevant dates set out in the policy (subject to applicable medical exemptions). Our employees are required to comply with the policy regardless of whether they are in customer-facing or non-customer-facing roles (as employees in non-customer-facing roles are required to attend the workplace under our Hybrid Working Strategy). Further, the Westpac Group is required to comply with State/Territory issued public health orders/directions which require relevant workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter workplaces.
By applying for this role, you acknowledge that you are aware of our Entry to Workplace Policy, and if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.