|Posting||Assistant Financial Accountant (Hybrid Role)|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Scenic is an industry pioneer, delivering truly incredible and unrivalled travel experiences around the globe.
Australian founded and owned, we have grown to operate luxury cruises and tours in all continents, including Antarctica, and continue to innovate to set new benchmarks within the travel industry and remain at the forefront with everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Financial Accountant to join our dynamic team.
About the ROLE
Reporting to the Financial Controller the Assistant Financial Accountant role will form a key part of the Australia / Asia Pacific finance team. This position will be heavily involved in month end close procedures through balance sheet reconciliations and processing journals. The role is a business facing role involving a high level of interaction, problem solving and analysis. As part of a dynamic global organisation the role offers a high level of development and exposure opportunity in a supportive working environment.
This is a hybrid role that will be a blended in-office and remote work, to offer flexibility and support to the successful candidate.
Part of your key focus and tasks will be:
- General ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly BAS
- Complete statistics/survey forms
- Maintain working knowledge of local GST requirements
- Act as point of contact for external fleet management
- Assist in year-end audit process
- High utilisation of Microsoft excel, data sorting, configuration and reconciliation
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks and projects as requested by VP Finance Asia Pacific, Financial Controller and Financial Accountant
- Understanding and compliance with all Scenic Tours policies and control procedures
- Positively contribute to the team culture and cohesiveness
- Processing intercompany invoices as required including reconciliation of the clearing account
- Completion of multiple bank account reconciliations
- Continuous improvement in financial controls and processes across the company
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Benefits of working for the Scenic Group
- Work for an industry leading, global brand
- Extensive initial and ongoing training and support
- Be part of a fun, dynamic and supportive team
- Opportunities to experience Scenic Group tours and cruises, based on tenure and performance
- Opportunities to access broader travel industry benefits
- To start your journey to joining the amazing Scenic team click apply now.