|Posting||Senior Accountant / Finance Manager|
|Job Employer||The Navy’s Anchorage|
|Location||Financial Managers & Controllers|
|Salary||$90000 – $110000 (APS 6 – EL 1 equivalent)|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
Why join The Navy’s Anchorage?
The Navy’s Anchorage is a non-profit Government Business Enterprise that operates retail food and beverage outlets on Royal Australian Navy Bases across Australia. We are passionate about and committed to our purpose – to deliver a dynamic range of food, beverage, welfare and lifestyle benefits and services to Royal Australian Navy members.
Who you are
You like being busy, enjoy challenging work and you thrive in a learning environment. You find it rewarding to see how your efforts uphold and strengthen the reputation of the business through the delivery of high qualities services and activities.
You are proactive, able to prioritise and meet both fixed and changing deadlines.
What you’ll be doing
At the direction of the CFO, you will assist in the financial management of The Navy’s Anchorage operations, with particular focus on financial management, and key stakeholder relationships.
The Senior Accountant performs a range of routine and non-routine tasks including the following:
- Manage taxation obligations including PAYG, FBT & BAS.
- Manage internal controls and procedures.
- Management of asset’s.
- Review current systems and processes to ensure fit for purpose needs are being met.
- Monitor transactional flows from source through interfaces to the general ledger.
- Review and approve journals as required.
- Manage all treasury operations.
- Manage inventory and stocktake processes.
- Assist in accounting operations such as AP and AR, including final approval of AP and AR invoices in Xero.
- Upload AP and payroll bank files into NAB.
- Manage the end-of-month accounting process.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled each month.
- Run end of month financial reports and provide analysis on actuals vs budget.
- Ensure responses to ad-hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered.
The Finance Manager will perform all of the functions of the Senior Accountant plus the following:
- Manage and mentor a team of three finance professionals
- Act as system administrator for Xero, ApprovalMax and Hubdocs
- Provide professional accounting advice and support to the CFO
- Manage the year-end audit process
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders such as bankers, auditors and Department of Finance
Note, interstate travel may be required as part of this role.
What you’ll bring with you
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting (Highly desirable).
- Minimum 5 years working in a finance environment.
- Experience using FMIS, such as CBMS and XERO or the ability to quickly acquire such knowledge.
- Experience working with POS systems, preferably Bepoz.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- A flexible and pro-active attitude along with a demonstrated initiative in achieving deadlines.
- Clear and concise communication skills exercising judgement, discretion, influence and the ability to communicate with people at various levels.
- Strong organisation and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise work and to adapt to constant and conflicting demands.
- An inquisitive nature and an eye for process improvement.
- Experience using the Microsoft suite of products.
- Experience working in a similar role in the hospitality industry (desirable).
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
Please visit our website or Facebook page where you can learn more about our values, people, and the amazing work we do.
For further information about the position please contact us via: [email protected]
Due to security requirements the successful candidate will need to be an Australian Citizen, undertake a national police check and be able to obtain and hold a security clearance. Both will be paid for by us.
All staff and customers are required to follow government COVID restrictions, surfaces are cleaned regularly and we practice social distancing. We also offer paid pandemic leave under certain circumstances.