|Job Employer||de Kretser Chartered Accountants|
|Salary||$75000 – $84999|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
Mick Jagger, Venus Williams, Kenny G… all studied accounting but got distracted. Here’s your chance to keep your passion for numbers on track.
Are you ambitious, like to take full responsibility and ownership of a role, have the meticulous planning skills to deliver for today while planning for tomorrow?
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to take responsibility for the preparation and review of financial statements, income tax returns for Partnerships, Trusts, Companies and activity statements prepared by junior team members.
You will be a positive, strategic thinker with at least 5+ years’ experience in a public practice, you will bring new ideas and be open and ready for new and exciting challenges.
With a clearly defined business strategy and a mentorship with access to the principals you will have the framework and support to be successful in the role and set you up for future growth within the practice.
Requirements of the position:
- 5+ years full time business services/tax experience in a public practice firm.
- CA / CPA qualified (preferably CA).
Benefits and perks of the role:
- Career development through mentorship and training programs.
- Corporate Yoga every Wednesday.
- Staff rewards.
- Quarterly social events.
- Free onsite parking.
- WFH flexibility.
The role will include:
- Preparation and review of financial statements, income tax returns for Partnerships, Trusts, Companies and activity statements prepared by junior team members.
- Construction and maintaining of workpapers.
- Preparation of BAS’ & IAS’.
- Assisting with tax planning.
- Assisting to manage client relationships.
- Liaising with the ATO.
Skills the successful candidate will possess:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word).
- Experience using MYOB AE.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level organisation skills to manage files and records.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously while meeting deadlines.
- Confidence in the ability to develop strong client relationships.
- Ability to contribute as a valued member of the team but also have self-motivation to work independently.
About the Business:
de Kretser Chartered Accountants is a family-owned boutique Chartered Accounting Practice providing business advisory services and tax compliance based in Mount Waverley.
We look after the evolving needs of both businesses and individuals; from the simplest tax return to complex financial structuring and solutions of our exciting and diverse client base.
Applicants must have experience in bookkeeping, have advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products and cloud-based accounting software as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. MYOB experience an advantage.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to settle into an exciting role with extensive growth opportunities, then please send your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]