|Posting||Risk, Assurance and Compliance Analyst|
|Job Employer||Western Sydney Airport|
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Compliance & Risk|
- Join one of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects
- An exciting opportunity to work in the aviation industry
- Newly created permanent role, based in Luddenham
Come and join the Western Sydney Airport team delivering Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport, the lynchpin of the extraordinary transformation currently underway to develop Sydney’s third city and Aerotropolis.
One of the largest infrastructure projects underway in Australia, Western Sydney International will open to international, domestic and air cargo services in late 2026 and will eventually grow to be one of Australia’s biggest gateways to the world.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Manager Risk, Assurance and Compliance, the Risk, Assurance and Compliance Analyst is accountable for the implementation, and continued maintenance of WSA’s Enterprise Risk Management, Assurance and Compliance Frameworks, as well as WSA’S Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) System.
WSA’s Risk, Compliance and Assurance Frameworks are established for ongoing education and awareness across the organisation, assisting the business to embed and manage a robust governance system, aiding in effective decision making. The GRC System is utilised to manage the flow and real time reporting of governance data across WSA, and includes core system elements covering risk, compliance, audit and assurance, incident management, crisis and emergency, and action tracking.
As a position integrated across all business domains, this role is key in providing adequate support to the Business in its entirety in establishing sound practices for risk management, inclusive of the design and testing of control frameworks, management of compliance obligations, and the utilisation of governance data to assess how well the organisations control frameworks are mitigating risk exposure.
Your role will be responsible for:
- Assist in the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, in line with strategic business priorities, as well as integrating with the Project Risk Management Framework.
- Assist in the implementation of the WSA Compliance Framework and management of the WSA Obligations Matrix.
- Assist in the implementation of 1st and 2nd line risk management assurance activities.
- The provision of education of the Risk, Compliance and Audit & Assurance Frameworks to key stakeholders and integration of the frameworks into business operations to establish robust governance processes.
- Experience in developing and delivering governance related training and awareness packages across differing management levels.
- Assist in the implementation of the enterprise risk management framework, ensuring alignment to the strategy.
- Identify material and emerging risks and ensuring relevance over time in the ever-changing business, economic and industry environment.
- Assist in the coordination of a full range of risk management activities, including risk identification, reporting and control activities across the organisation.
- Develop accurate, insightful and timely reports on risk management to facilitate sound understanding of the business’ overall risk exposure for key stakeholders.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve risk management processes to improve capabilities and performance in risk identification, reporting and controls.
- As required, liaise directly with Management on risk related issues, exposures and initiatives.
- Assist with the coordination and delivery of risk review workshops where applicable.
- Assist in the annual review and updates to key governance policies and frameworks.
- Assist to ensure management have the appropriate methods and tools to assess risk and lead the use of these tools.
- Assist in the implementation, and continuous improvement of the WSA Assurance program.
- Management of Assurance actions status.
- Assist with the integration of Assurance findings within the risk profile, to identify treatment activities to strengthen control frameworks.
- Assist the Business in the development of assurance tools.
- Provide assurance to Management over the effectiveness of controls, mitigating current and evolving risks and in so doing enhancing the controls culture within WSA.
- Assist in the management of the WSA Obligations Register covering corporate and operational obligations.
- Mapping the obligations placed upon WSA and monitoring, reporting, and advising in relation to compliance with these obligations.
- Providing advice to the business in relation to Commonwealth and Company approval processes and building relationships across the Domains to ensure compliance with the GBE shareholding structure, the Airports Act and Plan is achieved.
- Leading the implementation and education of the GRC across the business.
- Ensure WSA Business Frameworks align with the GRC.
- Liaise with the GRC provider to ensure required changes and updates are incorporated with minimal business disruption.
- Assist in the exploring, scoping, execution and testing system change requests raised by the business units.
- Responsible for coordinating the quarterly governance reporting for executive, and sub-committees of the Board, including risk, assurance, compliance, and insurance.
We’d like to hear from you if you have the following:
- Relevant tertiary (Bachelor’s degree minimum) qualifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience across a mixture of risk, audit, assurance, compliance reporting, and system development, utilisation, implementation and management.
- Demonstrated experience and a strong understanding of governance requirements, and the practical transition of these requirements into business frameworks and processes.
- A working knowledge of risk, assurance, and compliance practices.
- Assessing the design and operational effectiveness of management systems, frameworks, and processes.
- A strong reporting and analytical background.
- Experienced communicator, negotiator, problem solver and networker.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing multiple programs/projects concurrently.
- Effective relationships management skills across multi-functional teams and disciplines.
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written, across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong commitment to performance and quality.
- The ability to work creatively in problem-solving environments.
- Action orientated individual, with demonstrated managerial courage and thought leadership.
- Experience in presenting and liaising with senior leadership teams and Executive Management.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and understand its importance on an industry and an organisation.
- Ability to understand criticality and prioritise.
How To Apply
Click apply or contact [email protected] for any questions. Applications close COB Friday 29 July 2022.
What We Offer
This role represents a rare opportunity to be part of tomorrow’s future and to showcase your skills within a dynamic, fast paced and high-performance culture by living WSA’s values of Safety, Integrity, Inclusion, Pioneering, Courage and Passion.
WSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. By joining us you will be part of an organisation that supports community, charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage residents of Western Sydney, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and people from all backgrounds to apply.