|Posting||Assistant Accountant – Accounts Receivable|
|Location||North West & Hills District|
|Job Sector||Assistant Accountants|
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Our Finance team have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join the Accounts Receivable team on a 12 month fixed term contract. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and managing payments received and to provide related accounting support. You will also be responsible for identifying and resolving discrepancies related to the McDonald’s Owner/Operators’ direct debits. Regular reporting must be conducted with accuracy, quality and timeliness whilst adhering to strict SOX compliance and audit requirements. We are looking for someone with a high level of attention to detail, excellent stakeholders’ management skills and a pro-active approach to tasks.
What are the main focus points of the role?
- Proving a customer centric approach to supporting Franchisees, internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of inputs and financial data
- Carrying out all transactional accounting duties associated with the Franchisees accounting relationship with McDonald’s
- Handling a variety of invoicing, collections, and cash management scenarios
- Providing analysis and review of ageing reports
- Producing payment statements for invoices and cash receipts
- Executing debt collection activities
- Receiving and resolving debtor queries via call and email
- Performing general ledger reconciliations
- Processing month end rebates and credit sales
- Applying company policies and procedures and understanding their relevance and importance to maintaining internal controls
- Escalating transactional and system anomalies including internal control compliance issues to the manager as they arise
- Providing clear guidance on compliance to procedures and processes with both internal and external stakeholders
What skills do you need to be successful in the role?
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy in work
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team
- Actively seeks and accepts constructive feedback to build skills and competencies
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Ideally prior experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated skills using excel
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Knowledgeable in reconciliations is preferable
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia is defined by its culture. Our culture is an expression of why and how we do things around here. It influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with our customers, franchisees and suppliers. It is our purpose to feed and foster the community; and our mission is making delicious, feel-good moments easy for everyone.
Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are eager to jump into a new position within a passionate team and market leading brand, then APPLY today.