|Job Employer||EX Engineering|
|Salary||$65000 – $79999|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
- Are you an experienced Accounts Officer with an interest in IT and developing reports?
- Are you looking for a job that provides flexible work hours?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to join a values-based business that invests in you, you’re training and development?
- Do you want to work in a collaborative team environment where everyone makes a difference?
If yes, please apply for an opportunity that has become available at EX Engineering for an Accounts Officer.
EX Engineering is an Australian-owned and operated business located in Belmont, Western Australia. EX Engineering is an industry leader in the supply of electrical solutions for hazardous areas providing purpose-built hazardous areas equipment. Our customers range across multiple industries including Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Hydrogen and LNG.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised professional to work for a growing and ambitious company.
The person in this role will be assisting the team with accounting, accounts payable, record keeping, reporting and analysis and financial close. You will be required to oversee the maintenance of accounting control through up-to-date and accurate reconciliations with issues resolved so the financials are accurate and timely.
We are seeking someone who is a team player but can work autonomously and with minor supervision. You need to have good communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and be willing to hit the ground running in this busy role supporting the team. In return, you will be a valued team member and work in a positive and friendly team environment.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Accounts payable including invoicing and creditor management
- Accounts receivable including allocations and debtor management
- Internal & external stakeholder correspondence
- Produce detailed reports (spreadsheets)
- Ensure accuracy of time and equipment reported on all jobs
- Liaise with other teams to support all aspects of the business
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit, responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the processes
- Supporting our company values through your behaviour
What you’ll need to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage client relationships
- Have a track record of excellent customer service skills
- Display a can-do and positive attitude
- Experience with CRM system. Previous experience with NetSuite will be highly regarded
- Passionate about the accuracy of their work
- Sound knowledge of accounting best practice procedures
- Intermediate / Expert Excel skills – able to use data filters/sorting/pivot tables
- Sound decision-making ability
- 1+ year of relevant AP/AR experience
- Great base salary
- Flexible work hours
- Established, growing and highly resilient company
- Strong client portfolio
- Built and maintained the highest levels of quality standards and delivery
- We will invest in you and your learning
- You will be rewarded for your achievements
- Three-year career development plan
- Australian family-owned business where you will make a difference
- Opportunity to work on a range of projects varying in complexity
- You will work with a collaborative team with strong core values
- Free car parking
Interested in applying? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and is able to work with minimal supervision. Sound like you? If yes, please submit your application today!
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to undertake a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol analysis, and provide a National Police Clearance Certificate.
Applications must include an up-to-date Resume and Cover Letter responding directly to the skills and experience required.
All applications are strictly confidential.