|Posting||Junior Accountant | Perth CBD | Immediate Start Available|
|Job Employer||Shark Bay Salt Pty Ltd|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Shark Bay Salt Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui & Co. Ltd, which is one of the worlds most diversified trading, investment, and services enterprises. We own and operate two saltfields in Western Australia with our high-quality salt being exported to various overseas markets.
Our corporate head office is situated in the Perth CBD and is responsible for the accounting functions of both Shark Bay Resources and Onslow Salt.
About the Role
This is a contract position (2 years) reporting to the Financial Controller.
This diverse position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Processing of assets addition and disposal for all entities in SBS Group.
- Manage reconciliation and processing of credit card statements.
- Complete petty cash reconciliation.
- Complete intercompany, fair value and group elimination journals.
- Preparation of monthly BAS return.
- Complete assigned month end journals for all entities in Shark Bay Salt Group including but not limited to periodic journals, prepayment, interest and loan accruals, guarantee fees, royalty, tax and audit expenses accruals, and others as directed by Supervisor.
- Processing of foreign and local currency sales invoicing into Accounts Receivable for SBS entity.
- Performed SBS bank reconciliations process and/or as directed by the supervisor, including relief duties to Accounts Officer on site(s) bank reconciliation.
- In charge of continuous process improvement in Accounts Payable/Receivable process and its system in cooperation with Process Improvement PIC for the SBS Group.
- Prepare PO accruals and analyize GRNI accounts for SBS office.
- Updating or set up new supplier in the accounting system.
- Prepare ad-hoc bank transfer for SBS office, and relief duties for Accounts Officer for AP/AR tasks.
- Complete royalty lodgement with Accountants.
- Complete all ABS surveys for three entities and ensure submission within their deadlines.
- Liaise and support auditors with the audit process in cooperation with Compliance and Audit PIC for SBS Group.
- Ensuring compliance with J-Sox Internal Control procedures.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree in accounting or related field.
- CA/CPA qualification. (or in the progress of obtaining or willing to obtain)
- Proven experience in undertaking the accounting functions within a commercial organisation.
- Exposure in corporate reporting and tax are required.
- A keen eye for detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel.
- A highly organised approach to your work responsibilities.
- Confidence in your time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a similar role that you can demonstrate.
Previous experience using Pronto is highly desirable but not essential.
How to Apply
This is a great opportunity to work within a mining company with direct exposure to the management team.
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated.
Please submit your application via SEEK. Your submission should include a personalised cover letter and resume.
To learn more about Shark Bay Salt Pty Ltd please visit www.salt.com.au