|Job Employer||AFS & Associates Pty Ltd|
|Location||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
Are you looking to join a firm that’s progressive, innovative and holds both its team members and clients as the centre of its culture? Start your future with AFS today!
Who we are
We’re a modern Chartered Accounting firm located in the heart of Bendigo, Djaara Country, with a team of over 80 professionals. We’ve been providing services to Bendigo and surrounds for over 70 years and are a proud pillar of the Bendigo community.
We believe every single team member is a leader and contributes to the success of our firm and our clients. We invest in organisational development, leadership skills and career planning, recognition and coaching to constantly enhance the experiences for our team.
A core part of our identity is our commitment to our local regional community. Each year we support Bendigo organisations, charities and not-for-profits through direct or in-kind sponsorship and involvement. Furthermore, we’re committed to developing our environmental, social and governance sustainability to ensure our business practices have a measured and positive impact.
Our culture is something we value, nurture and routinely seek team feedback on, so that we can continue to foster a meaningful work environment for everyone.
The Intermediate Accountant role is an opportunity to join our Business Services team in adding value to our clients businesses.
Our team has the combined skills and expertise to provide ongoing support in the financial management business and to help put strategies in place to achieve success.
The Business Services team provides assistance and support to help our clients through every stage of the business lifecycle, from starting their business, improving performance and obtaining the best outcome for every business transaction including valuations, due diligence and deal advice.
The successful applicant will have:
- A tertiary qualification in an accounting discipline (essential)
- CA/CPA qualification (desirable)
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Previous experience with MYOB AE, Xero and Reckon (desirable)
- Experience in public accounting or industry experience between 1-5 years
- Able to demonstrate diligence, time management and high attention to detail
- Strong and confident verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well autonomously and also in a team environment
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to lead yourself and others
- Uphold our client first focus delivering a quality product, within the required time frame
AFS will offer you
- The ability to bring your true self to work with our genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, along with our policies like “dress for your day”
- Enjoy working in our hybrid work environment, with the ability to work from home or from our modern offices depending what your day entails
- Develop your career and yourself by attending networking events, participating in leadership training, and receiving ongoing development, support and guidance
- Be a part of our fun culture with our regular social club events, leadership and team building programs
- Benefit from our wellbeing focus, including our Employee Assistance Program, supportive environment, volunteer friendly workplace
- The ability to benefit from our formal and informal Flexibility at AFS policy, allowing work life balance through flexible start / finish times or adjustments to hours of work.
At AFS we recognise that we’re strengthened by diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of diverse cultural backgrounds, those who identify as LGBTQIA+ and workers of all ages.
For further information about us, please visit our website www.afsbendigo.com.au or email [email protected].
To apply please click Apply by Sunday 31st July 2022.