|Posting||Accountant – Permanent Full Time|
|Job Employer||Unity Housing Company|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
- Permanent, full-time position
- Based in Norwood, relocating to Bowden in 2023
- 5 weeks’ paid annual leave and salary sacrifice options
Unity Housing Company Ltd (Unity) is one of the largest and most innovative not-for-profit providers of affordable and social housing in South Australia. Unity’s primary aim is to provide affordable, safe and secure housing for people, whilst supporting independence and connection to their communities.
About the Position
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant provides a high level of customer service in the delivery of the following functions:
- Preparation of Unity’s month end management reporting, bank and journal reconciliations, processing journal entries
- Maintaining Unity’s Asset Register
- Assisting with the preparation of annual audited statutory accounts in line with constitutional and legislative financial reporting requirements
- Preparation of financial reports and undertake various ad hoc accounting tasks as required
- Preparation, reconciliation and execution of payroll function (ichris) in collaboration with Frontier Software and Unity’s HR function.
You are degree qualified with a minimum of two years hands on accounting experience in a medium sized organisation. With excellent accounting skills and a logical approach, you are adept in preparing accurate financial reports, reconciliations and spreadsheets. You have experience in preparing and executing payroll process with an understanding of Single Touch Payroll, salary sacrifice arrangements, payroll/employee tax and superannuation payments and reporting.
What We Offer
Working for Unity you will receive competitive wages for this position, paid in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 5/6 dependent on skills and experience), salary sacrifice options, five weeks annual leave, access to Employee Assistance Program and other wellbeing benefits. You will be provided with relevant training and support as well as the opportunity to work for a flexible, diverse, values-based organisation, who truly cares about positive tenant outcomes.
How to Apply
To be considered for interview you will demonstrate through your application, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Degree in Business, Economics or Commerce with an accounting major
- Skilled in the preparation of financial reports, undertaking accounting functions, detailed reconciliations and audit processes in line with accounting standards
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the preparation and execution of payroll
- Sound understanding of payroll functions and associated tax/reporting requirements
- Advanced experience utilising Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Holding/working towards or willing to work towards a CPA or CA qualification.
Applications close on Monday 25 July at 9.00am and should be submitted via Seek.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience, and a current resume.
Conditions of Employment
- The successful candidate must hold a current SA driver’s licence.
- Submitting and maintaining a current Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and Vulnerable Person Related Employment check.
A copy of the position description can be located in the Careers section on Unity’s website at www.unityhousing.org.au. For more information please contact (08) 8237 8701. Email enquiries about this role can be directed to [email protected]