|Posting||Senior Accounts Payable Officer|
|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment. We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
The Finance Team is a thriving team in Australia’s leading media company. Our priorities are ensuring effective governance and financial control, and delivering insightful partnering support to the business on operational and strategic initiatives to drive our business forward.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
You will be part of the Accounts Payable team, responsible for delivering efficient, cost-effective and consistent procure to pay processes. You will be critical to resolving complex accounts payable queries and issues in an efficient and timely manner. You will act as a point of escalation for third party service providers, the business and vendors and assist with dispute resolution.
You will monitor, manage and maintain business approval workflows and ensure smooth running of accounts payable processes. You will assist with month end close activities, reporting and support various process improvement projects. You will seek to drive continuous improvement in the function.
You will build productive working relationships with third-party service providers and ensure adherence to policies, procedures and performance metrics. You will ensure compliance with relevant tax legislation in consultation with Group Tax.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Ideal candidate background
- Previous experience as a Senior Accounts Payable Officer (or 3 to 5 years in a Payable Officer role).
- Strong working knowledge and experience in financial accounting, GST and ATO compliance.
- Sound understanding of overseas payment complexities.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent team player and ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Results driven and customer focused mindset.
- Experience in a Media or Marketing business highly desired.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is highly desired.
- Experience working with third party vendors highly regarded.
Life at Nine:
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. Importantly, you’ll receive the following:
- Competitive base salary and market leading Incentive Scheme that rewards and recognises performance & success!
- Career development and quality training – tailored to your needs.
- Every day is flexible – we believe in the future of work where our work is led by task and purpose.
- Complimentary subscriptions to all our platforms including Sydney Morning Herald, AFR, The Age, Brisbane Times and WA today.
- Brand new offices in the heart of North Sydney – within our building are our news and filming studios where all the action happens plus Harbour views!
- 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave.
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes