|Posting||Assistant Accountant – Port Melbourne Support Office|
|Job Employer||Total Tools – Support Office|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Assistant Accountants|
Due to an internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Total Tools team as an Assistant Accountant, based at our Port Melbourne Support Office. This role will suit an experienced and motivated Accountant, looking for growth and development. You will have experience working with various stakeholders and are comfortable managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing, processing, and reconciling monthly accounts and journals, including P&L and Balance Sheets
- Processing timely and accurate payments, supplier invoices, bank reconciliations and following up on outstanding debtors
- Reconciling GST accounts
- BAS calculations and lodgements
- Assisting senior team members and liaising with external stakeholders where needed
- Assisting with year-end audit requirements
- Assisting with reporting requirements
Does this sound like you?
- Comfortable working with various internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to build relationships and influence as necessary
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work through competing priorities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with technology – intermediate MS Suite skills are a must, with a strong understanding of MS Excel
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to work with large volumes of data
- Commercial and business awareness
- Organised, methodical and process driven
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce or similar preferred
- Experience with retail store accounting highly regarded
Why work for us?
For 30 years, Total Tools has operated as the ultimate tool shop, delivering the right tools and advice for our customers, who are building the future! We are the first choice for trade quality tools and best of all, most of our nationwide stores are locally owned and operated.
In 2020, we were proud to join the Metcash group, alongside brands such as IGA, Mitre 10 and Home Timber and Hardware (just to name a few). While continuing to operate as separate entities, we are working together on opportunities that generate long-term growth and value for the independent sector. Join us, and you are joining the biggest and the best in the industry!
Our operating model is one that respects and invests in our team and customers. We live by our values- One Team, Own it & Get it Done, Customer First & Be the Difference!
We also offer:
- Competitive salary, with a hybrid work environment – work from home and office
- Commitment to ongoing job security, development, and growth
All that is left to do is to apply to join the Total Tools team!
Total Tools is a proud equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All hiring decisions are based upon skills, qualifications, and merit.
Only applicants with valid working rights in Australia will be considered for this position.