|Posting||Accountant (Technical Accountant)|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Vacancy Listing Dates 15/07/2022 to 12/08/2022
Please Quote Reference Number 87200
- 5+ years international reinsurance experience required
- Competitive Remuneration Package available
- Join the team at Hannover Re in Sydney
Hannover Re – as a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 3,300 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
If you want to experience how things are done in the team of Hannover Re in Sydney, Australia, start planning your next career step with us and join us on a permanent full-time basis commencing at the earliest possible date.
We are currently looking for an Accountant (Technical Accountant) to join our team.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A relevant accounting, business or finance degree qualification
- CPA or CA equivalent credentials
- Have at least 5 years international reinsurance experience
- Advanced Excel, Word skills
- Power BI skills advantageous
- SAP FR-RI and FS-CD experience is advantageous
- RPA technology Reporting advantageous
- Review, process/recording Reinsurance Technical Transactions – Proportional Accounts, Profit Commission/Sliding Scale Commissions Statements, Commission Adjustments, Non Proportional Premium Closings, Premium Adjustments, Endorsements additional/return premiums in accordance with the Slips/Wordings.
- Query discrepancies and missing documents with internal and external clients.
- Liaise with Hannover Re Underwriting team for overdue premiums over 120 days.
- Regular review of Reports – Outstanding quarterly accounts, Premium Adjustments invoices, Profit Commission Statements, Endorsements Invoices not received.
- Ensuring accurate and timely claims reserves and payments have been completed
- Conducting appropriate checks prior to payment processing in order to determine correct amount payable
- Attending claims reviews in addition to requesting updated loss information/financials/statuses in respect to those losses not updated within past 6 months
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Support, reconciliation and data checks for quarter end processing,
- Internal and external Retrocession Accounting
- Doxis Filing of processed Closings.
- IFRS 17 Implementation, Reporting and Collaboration with Finance Team
APPLY NOW and fill in the online application form.