|Posting||Accounts Payable Officer|
|Job Employer||David Jones Limited|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||Group discounts & benefits|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
Your role as Accounts Payable Officer will manage our payment process to ensure that our suppliers are paid within agreed timeframes. Working closely with the Accounts Payable Team Leader, you will also provide support with the preparation of cash requirements on a weekly basis. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience in a similar role, who is agile and who is able to work in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
With a hybrid mix of time at home as well as our Burnley office, this role will suit an Accounts professional who is outcomes focused and has high attention to detail.
What does the role involve?
- Manage accounts payable processes including invoice processing, coding, GST treatment, batch entry and payment
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time in line with supplier contracts and payment policy
- Ensure all balances are correct and all disputed balances are dealt with on a timely basis
- Maintenance of supplier database to ensure all critical information is accurate
- Ensure supplier database is up to date e.g. terms, contracts and bank
- Provide support to broader financial accounting team when required
What are we looking for?
- Similar experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Fraedom and/or Retek is preferred but not essential
Why work for us?
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones, Country Road, Mimco, Trenery, Witchery & POLITIX brands
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that provide appropriate work/life balance
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- A supportive, flexible and engaging environment that will support personal/professional development
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
Want to know a bit more about us?
Since 1838, David Jones’ limitless quest for innovation and progress established us as Australia’s original influencer in fashion & lifestyle. Today, our vision and purpose to continue this legacy is to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Part of Woolworths Holding Limited (JSE:WHL) alongside the Country Road Group, our values include being customer obsessed, collaborative, inspirational, responsible and dedicated to quality – within a thriving culture we live these values every day as we strive to inspire our people, customers and community Like No Other.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.