|Job Employer||Scully Outdoor Designs Australia Pty Ltd|
|Location||Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Scully Outdoor Designs is located in an industrial complex in Caringbah. It employs about 15 staff plus contractors as required. The company supplies and installs an extensive range of heavy duty outdoor furniture plus shade sails, shelters and outdoor infrastructure. Most furniture is imported. Clients are mainly schools, local councils and other government bodies. See www.scully.net.au for more information about the company and its products.
Qualifications & experience
- Experienced company accountant
- Good knowledge of MYOB and job costing.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Initial task will be to review in detail the 2021 financial statements. These are completed, but there is some concern that there may be errors.
- There is currently a part time assistant accountant as support. He will be leaving to study overseas in early September.
- Normal duties will be as follows-
- Job reporting to management.
- Preparing quarterly management accounts and year end accounting entries.
- Weekly payroll paid on Tuesday. Payroll tax reporting and paying monthly superannuation.
- BAS/IAS preparation and lodgement.
- Sales invoicing and purchases.
- Foreign exchange payments for imports and allocating cost to jobs.
- Generally you will be tasked with reviewing and improving financial systems.
- Hourly rate plus Superannuation Guarantee.
- Standard statutory leave entitlements
- Standard hours 9.00am to 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch. 37.5 hours per week paid weekly.
- Reduced hours can be considered after an initial period if requested.