|Posting||Financial Accountant – Matchbox Pictures|
|Job Employer||NBCUniversal Media LLC|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Matchbox Pictures are looking for a highly collaborative, creative, energetic finance professional to join their close-knit team. Responsible for exciting productions such as Clickbait, The Real Housewives of Melbourne, The Family Law, and Glitch to name a few, Matchbox are at the cutting edge of TV and film production. This role would suit a first move from accounting practice into industry or anyone looking to gain experience in a dynamic media finance role.
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role will be instrumental in (but not limited to):
- Maintaining the general accounting functions including journals, accruals, reconciliations, month end processing, source documents and other supporting documentation
- Month end, quarter end and year end close for Matchbox companies
- Maintaining intercompany accounts and transactions including intercompany eliminations and recharges
- Provision of financial support and oversight across the lifecycle of all Matchbox productions; including set up of new productions and liaising with finance, creative and production staff, internally and externally
- Managing interim and full year audit process for the Matchbox companies (corporate & production companies)
- Assisting with the completion of annual statutory accounts / financial statements
- Reviewing & uploading production trial balances into SAP on monthly basis
To be considered for this role, you will have the following skills:
- Degree qualified with 3-5 years’ experience
- Recently qualified CA/CPA or part-qualified
- Prior industry experience is desirable but not essential
- Exposure to SAP is desirable but not essential
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong attention to detail combined with excellent communication skills.
Please apply below to be considered for this exciting opportunity !