|Posting||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Job Employer||Victorian Building Authority|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||VPS Grade 5.1 $ 103920 – 114828|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Who we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications with a major in accounting, finance or a related discipline and Completion of the Australian Society of CPA
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills to reason through problems and recommend innovative solutions in a complex environment based on a consideration of facts, alternatives and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in accounting within a corporate environment and strong knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong written communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing advanced technical reports, correspondence and analysing financial information.
- Strong stakeholder relationship and management skills and the ability to negotiate, liaise across all levels, proactively identify stakeholder requirements and deliver high levels of customer service.
The Victorian Building Authority embraces a diverse and inclusive culture who work together for the benefit of all Victorians. Our recruitment is best practice and free from bias, we recruit based on merit and equity regardless of age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation or cultural background.
We have an amazing remote working setup and flexible working options to ensure our people are fit for work and inspired to be the best they can. We are always looking for talented new people to join us with a broad range of skills and experience who are curious, keen to learn and enjoy serving the community they live in, so if this sounds like a place you’d like to work and you think you have what it takes, we‘d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply now!
What you can expect
- You can expect to be challenged in a fast paced environment.
- Be part of a passionate and motivated team
- A competitive salary plus 10.5% superannuation
How to Apply
We require you to upload:
- A detailed copy of your resume
- A cover letter briefly outlining your relevant experience and what attracted you to the role
- Any other quals or licence
- Only electronic applications submitted via careers.vic.gov.au will be accepted.
- Candidates deemed suitable from a selection process may be considered for identical or similar vacancies within 6 months.
- As a public sector and service standard, generally all new employees will start at the base entry level and increment throughout the salary range each year based on performance. Current public sector employees at the same grade will be considered for a transfer of entitlements with evidence. A request above entry level may be considered in certain circumstances.