|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
- Financial Controller role based in Chatswood Corporate Office
- Supporting the business deliver exceptional results
- Working for the world’s leading sustainable building materials company
Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success.
About the opportunity
This is a strategically important role reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Finance. In this role, you will be required to create value by providing an environment which supports the efficient development of integrated financial and non-financial plans, supporting future oriented organisational outcomes. Driving great corporate governance through minimum control standards processes into the business units and being a proactive conduit to the Global Internal Audit and Compliance teams for the local business.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead, manage and develop the team to achieve the objectives and strategy set by the Head of Corporate Finance
- Manage and drive the performance of the individual team members, including working closely with Business Managers to identify and act upon opportunities for improvement, development and career progression.
- Build a high performing team with a focus on financial integrity and controls which will ensure the compliant and commercial application of IFRS and LHARP.
- Managing all statutory reporting and compliance matters including preparation of financials ensuring full compliance with accounting standards, legislative and other requirements
- Management of the external audit including planning, management and participation in fee improvement measures
- Facilitate a strong working relationship across the Finance team, Global Shared Services and operational personnel within the Business.
- Manages all aspects of the Record to Report relationship with External Parties including advisors, shared services and global reporting teams.
- Design, implement and manage the local governance framework, ensuring that it is robust, sets the highest standards, and is embedded into the business.
- Build a strong controls and assurance culture by driving change to embed internal controls throughout the business.
- Develop risk assessment tools that can be used to highlight areas of Risk to the Executive team
- Develop and lead the Internal Audit team in assurance/audit reviews using risk assessment methods
- Lead the preparation, review and submission of consolidated reporting and monthly reporting packages to LafargeHolcim Group Actuals, Exposures and Intercompany
- Lead the preparation, review and submission of all forecast, MTP and Budget consolidation group reporting packages ensuring alignment with agreed metrics
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Attained relevant tertiary business or accounting qualifications
- CPA or CA
- Strong experience in Statutory, Technical and Tax Accounting
- Significant governance, risk management and audit experience ideally in a commercially based role
- Extensive experience managing a team and driving a high performance culture
- Extensive experience in a senior chartered audit, assurance or technical environment.
- Relevant industry experience (eg, resources, engineering and construction industry) would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in roles or projects requiring problem solving, analytical thinking, vision and leadership
What can we offer you?
We will invest in your growth, providing you with direction, leadership, and recognition. We will value your contribution and nurture your personal and professional development.
We don’t just offer jobs – we offer long term careers.