|Job Employer||Cooper Energy|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
About Cooper Energy
Cooper Energy is proud to be a net zero, ASX-listed, growing energy company taking a lead role in Australia’s sustainable future by commercialising gas, oil and other resources for domestic markets. We are the only net zero gas producer in Australia, and one of only a small handful globally, and one of only four Australian offshore oil and gas production and development operators. The company’s operations are focussed on delivering gas into the East Coast Australian gas market, with 100% of our gas sold into the domestic market.
Our people are vital to our success. We strive to be a respected and sought-after employer. We offer an environment where our people can feel safe, included, recognized, respected, and inspired to grow and perform at their best. We provide flexibility, learning experiences and care, underpinned by real values. Our size creates opportunity to know everyone and influence across the business, take on new challenges and learn from some of the industry’s best. Our performance-based incentives include the opportunity to build equity in a business with a clear growth trajectory.
As a newly created role the Financial Accountant will sit within a high performing finance team and will report to the Financial Controller. The role will support the finance team to meet stakeholder outcomes and deliverables.
Key duties include:
- Month end tasks including (but not limited to) oil and gas production accounting, amortisation, corporate cost recovery, JV accounting and reconciliation preparation
- Analysing financial results and providing insights to management and other stakeholders within the business
- Assistance in the annual corporate and joint venture budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Contributing to the preparation of timely and accurate quarterly, half-yearly and annual external reporting
- The preparation of finance related internal memos and board papers
- Exposure to other areas of the finance team function including taxation and treasury
- Maintaining and building best practice processes and controls to support our growing business
This is a great opportunity for an accountant to step out of professional practice and be involved in all aspects of the finance function for an ASX listed high growth business. Our size and the nature of the role means that you will have direct interaction with all functions of the business including the Executive Leadership Team and Board.
Candidates are required to be a qualified Chartered Accountant / CPA with a minimum of 3 years experience. A background in external audit would be highly regarded (with a mix of listed/large and smaller engagements). Involvement in the preparation of financial statements for an ASX listed company would also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have a foundation of sound technical accounting skills, and have effective communication skills with an ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity with career opportunities to join a dynamic and nimble organisation with strong values and on a strong growth trajectory.
To apply please submit your application including CV and covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience by COB 5 August 2022.