|Posting||Senior Finance Officer|
|Job Employer||GetUp Limited|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$85504.12 – $97444.88 per annum pro-rata + super|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
GetUp is looking for a Senior Finance Officer to work with our Chief Financial Officer to ensure GetUp is on top of our reporting and compliance work, accurately executes our payroll and supports our team of talented campaigners to spend money on creating impact.
GetUp is proud of our commitment to transparent and accountable financial disclosures that go above and beyond what is required. This is an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded accounting professional who is committed to this vision and passionate about putting their skills to use to create people-powered change.
SCHADS Classification Level 5-6 with a total salary package of $85,504.12 – $97,444.88 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a 12 month fixed term position starting in September. This position is fixed term as it will be covering a staff member who will be on parental leave. This position is ideally based in Sydney. However, Melbourne or Brisbane will be considered for the right candidate.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of First Nations Justice, Climate Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
You will be part of the Development, Fundraising and Finance Team. This is a high performance team who ensures GetUp has the means to win big and deliver on key issues, and who ensures meaningful and engaging experiences for the tens of thousands of everyday people who power GetUp’s work. Our team works closely with the Operations and Legal teams.
The Senior Finance Officer is directly responsible for:
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure compliance requirements are completed on time including audit and taxation;
- Ensuring our suppliers are paid accurately and on time;
- Managing accounts receivable and month end processing;
- Executing fortnightly payroll in line with the enterprise agreement;
- Contributing to a robust internal framework of finance policies and processes;
- Supporting the preparation of budgets, re-forecasts and analysis of performance;
- Identifying finance trends, cost-saving opportunities or financial risks, and formulating recommendations;
- Monitoring and implementing initiatives to improve a culture of spending money economically, ethically and effectively;
You will be someone who has/is:
- passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on progressive issues;
- demonstrated experience in financial accounting, including month end, year end, external audit processes;
- able to execute a payroll for over 60 staff;
- an understanding of the full range of tax compliance obligations and interactions, including business activity statements and company tax returns, GST, FBT and payroll tax;
- a current CA/CPA (or equivalent), and experience with Xero and seeking out tech-centric solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy;
- adept at thinking through complex financial and accounting issues and communicating them simply and clearly to non-accountants within a fast-paced office environment;
- capable of working autonomously on a range of varied tasks and projects, and takes the initiative doing what it takes – big or small – to get the job done.
Bonus points for:
- experience executing a payroll under an enterprise agreement or an award;
- experience in NFP accounting;
- experience with electoral commission disclosures;
- experience operating in a high-risk or political environment.
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Please apply by 9am July 27 2022 via our website