|Job Employer||Business Enterprise Centre NT|
|Location||Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting|
|Salary||$80000 – $89999|
|Job Sector||Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting|
Business Enterprise Centre Northern Territory (BEC-NT)
- Join the NT’s leading business consultancy/advisory organisation
- Non-Government not for profit sector
- $80,000-$90,000 (Plus Superannuation)
- Permanent role
- Location: Darwin City (occasional intrastate travel required)
- Out of state applicants welcome
Be part of something more
BEC-NT is a leading business consultancy/advisory organisation, with a future-focused culture required to deliver its goals of helping business growth across the NT and reducing the number of business closures every year. We are the largest business consultancy/advisory membership organisation in the NT and are leading the NT with our up-to-date business knowledge. We pride ourselves in providing excellence in business education to businesses of all sizes and focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. We offer ongoing training to improve and learn new skills with ongoing career development opportunities.
So, are you ready to help shape NT businesses?
Help us help provide members with bookkeeping services to keep them on-track.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about helping businesses, is innovative and thinks differently when dealing with our members, and who can work as part of an effective team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working for an accounting or bookkeeping services company and be searching for a long-term bookkeeping opportunity where they can work closely with their own clientele in a busy and varied capacity. They have top tier communication skills with experience in Accounting software(s) and have good MS Excel skills.
Previous applicants need not apply.
In addition to setting up clients with the Xero accounting software, and providing other financial services as needed, you will be in charge of effectively onboarding new clients. You must have strong client management abilities because these will be helpful with the client-onboarding process.
You will support BEC-NT in the delivery of its strategic plan, build connections in the business community and engage with key stakeholders.
As a Senior Bookkeeper you will:
- Onboarding bookkeeping clients to establish and define ongoing service processes
- Setting up and implementation of basic Xero software for new clients
- Engaging with a number of different clients across wide range of industries with all facets of their bookkeeping and government compliance including BAS/IAS, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, STP, Payroll, Superannuation, Bank Reconciliation and management reports
- Facilitate the programs and projects as developed by BEC-NT in line with local and regional plans, state strategic policy and business community needs; manage, monitor, report and review the performance of business owners
- Assistance with access to legal, accounting, HR, and other professional services
- Provide training and support for clients
- Keep accurate and thorough records for inclusion in required (monthly & quarterly) reports, including other general client statistic reporting and Board meetings.
- Provide timely email and telephone response to simple and complex business enquiries for bookkeeping assistance
- Manage staff as required
- Develop and maintain links and networks with appropriate government, industry, business, and community organisations to assist in delivery of bookkeeping services
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in Accounting and/or Bookkeeping, including BAS, FBT, and other taxation reporting
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting software
- High level numeracy and reconciliation skills, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for learning more about businesses
- Ability to communicate with clearly articulated messaging to a variety of audiences.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other subject relevant to this role.
- Australian recognised driver licence is required for intrastate travel.
- Tertiary qualified in an accounting discipline
- Proficiency with other accounting and reporting software
- BAS Agent registration
How to Apply
Please read this carefully as only applicants that respond with the correct information will be considered for the role.
As part of the application process, you must carefully read the Key Selection Criteria and provide a cover letter addressing every key selection criteria. point.
Additionally, please provide a copy of your resume.
Applications close on TBD
Click the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
If you have any queries, please contact Phillip Loader (08) 8923 6100
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Previous applicants need not apply.