|Job Employer||HarperCollins Publishers Australia|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Contracts Administration|
HarperCollins Publishers has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Legal/Finance division in the role of Sub-Rights Administrator. This is a permanent full-time position based at our head office in Sydney CBD.
This role is responsible for ensuring the Sub-Rights income is managed effectively and in line with company procedures and policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with our Accountant to identity sub-rights payments received through the company bank accounts.
- Enter payments received from overseas publishers, inter-company and third-party licensees, across HarperCollins Australia, NZ and Harlequin companies, into monthly spreadsheet.
- Prepare sub-rights allocation data for each payment (including referencing author / contributor contracts, calculating relevant shares and checking royalty payment status of title).
- Enter royalty statement sales information and advance payment details from licensees into system.
- Make payments to author per the royalty cycle.
- Prepare cash reconciliation reports for local, NZ and foreign payments and provide to accounts payable.
- Monitor sub-rights email folder and action as required.
- Process Withholding tax documentation for international publishers, when required.
- Process Permissions income when received and allocate to authors.
- Prepare invoices for GPP licences, based on reporting provided by overseas affiliate, process income when received and allocate to authors.
- Process CAL income when received and allocate to authors. Review titles in CAL member portal and populate author / HC shares.
- Prepare quarterly and annual report for Rights team, including budget comparison and actuals information.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a finance function
- Able to interpret legal contracts
- Competent in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
At HarperCollins ANZ we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We invite candidates of all ages, races, religions, genders, sexual orientation and people with disability to apply for this or any other advertised role on offer.
If this sounds like you, apply now! Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.