|Job Employer||Spark NEL DC JV|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
About North East Link
The Spark Consortium has been selected for the Central Package of the North East Link Project – Victoria’s biggest road project.
The Spark Consortium’s Design and Construction Contractor – which comprises Webuild, CPB Contractors, GS Engineering and Construction and China Construction Oceania – will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project.
The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads.
Exciting opportunity for Procurement Specialists with large-scale civil infrastructure experience to join our team. We have a number of roles available at all levels.
Whilst these will depend on the seniority, you will be involved in all or some of the following:
- Selecting reliable sources of supply, approving purchase orders, supervise purchasing, control price and quality, and ensuring timely delivery of raw materials and supplies;
- Recommending purchasing policy and determining procedures within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with various government and company policies and procedures;
- Assisting delivery staff to compile RFI and RFQ documentation;
- Reviewing and approving purchase requisitions;
- Issuing major subcontracting packages, key plant and equipment packages, long term supply agreements, specialist technical equipment, services and consulting agreements;
- Establishing and approving sources of raw material and finished product supplies, receiving quotations and securing bids, both locally and overseas;
- Undertaking the negotiation of purchase contracts, follow-up, scheduling and expediting deliveries;
- Supervising controls on receipt and acknowledgment of materials and supplies and the maintenance of purchasing records;
- Reviewing and processing claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment;
- Investigating trends in basic raw materials and supply prices, recommending the timing and quantity of purchases and establishing economical purchase quantities;
- Preparing detailed financial analyses in support of alternative purchasing strategies.
We are interested in applications from:
- Procurement Engineers
- Procurement Officers
- Procurement Administrators
- Junior Accountants
- Logistics Specialists
Prerequisites for these roles:
- Experience on large civil infrastructure projects – please include types and value of packages on which you have worked
- Preferably Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractor experience
- Strong IT skills and ability to adapt to new systems
- Demonstrated negotiating prowess
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- People management skills e.g. able to manage work and performance of team
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to register your interest and please also subscribe to ‘Job Alerts’ to be notified of upcoming opportunities with SPARK.
Whilst we are keen to hear from candidates with proven infrastructure project experience or experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor to be a part of an iconic construction project in Melbourne, Victoria, we also will consider applicants that are seeking to enter or re-enter the industry.
SPARK is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the North East Link Central Package. We value diversity, inclusion and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences and perspectives.