|Posting||Alternative Education Program Co-ordinator|
|Job Employer||Centacare Employment and Training|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Administrative Assistants|
Life at Centacare Employment and Training
When you join Centacare, you become part of a team who are determined to support disadvantaged people in our community and ensure they have the means to thrive.
Centacare Employment and Training is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Program Co-ordinator to lead our team of dedicated educators in our Alternative Education Program. This is a rewarding career opportunity where you will be responsible for managing, responding, and supporting the varying needs of vulnerable young people who require service provision.
About the Program
The Alternative Education Program (AEP) ‘Avenues’ is run in partnership with the Engagement and Transitions Team at the WA Department of Education. Avenues operates in Armadale, Fremantle and Mirrabooka. It is open to year 10, 11 and 12 school age youth who are at educational risk. The main aim of the program is re-engagement, skill development and transition into further education, training and/or employment. The curriculum and tools used to do this is the Certificates of General Education for Adults (CGEA); Keys4Life; CPR/First Aid and White Card. The underpinning philosophy of the program is the creation of a safe place where each student feels they belong.
At Centacare we believe that education and training can help to break the cycle of adversity and create opportunities for a brighter future. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a vision “to transform lives through education, training and employment”. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you are skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Centacare.
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to be flexible and agile, no day is ever the same.
- Extensive experience in working with educationally disengaged youth;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support a team;
- Understanding of the compliance requirements when delivering curriculum to youth in an RTO;
- The ability to communicate effectively between parents, youth workers, teachers, service providers and representatives of government departments;
- Tertiary Degree in Education;
- Experience in delivering the Certificates of General Education for Adults (CGEA);
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116); and
- A current National Police Clearance, WA Driver’s License and Working with Children Check.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference;
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax; and
- Free external, confidential counselling.
How to apply
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply with a resume along with a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria through SEEK. If you require further information, please contact [email protected].
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest and taking the time to apply for this position.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.