|Job Employer||The Bloomfield Group|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, we have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ hundreds of local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are our Rix’s Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and our Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rix’s Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS, and we proudly own and operate Kings Engineering, a leading NSW Engineering business.
About the role
The Bloomfield Group is seeking an Accounting Student who is ideally undertaking a degree in Finance or Business to work on a casual or part-time basis for two to three days per week.
This new role has been developed to provide support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, contracts, payroll, accounts payable, and finance. The successful applicant will learn the requirements of each of these areas to be able to undertake essential skills when the team needs assistance.
- Learn essential tasks in each of the areas of finance, purchasing, warehousing, contracts, payroll and accounts payable to be able to assist each team when required.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly site management reports.
- Assist in the smooth running of the accounts payable system through the provision of day to day accounts payable duties including:
- Assist in the provision of an accurate, effective and efficient payroll service
- Assist in the coordination of activities related to the receipt and distribution of materials in the stores, ensuring efficient support and service to the operations team.
- Support the purchasing team in the purchase of goods and services at lowest total cost of ownership, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the Contracts team to assist departmental personnel with the process and assembly, evaluation and execution of tenders and contracts.
- General administration duties as requested.
- Pivot within each sub-department to provide support as needed for unplanned absences
For more details about the role please email [email protected]
- Undertaking a degree in Finance or Business
- Ability to develop competency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and in particular with Word and Excel
- A systems orientation that permits the development of a clear understanding of business processes
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Team orientation
- High attention to detail
- Sound numeracy and literacy aptitude and skills
- Initiative and motivation
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
We also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
To apply for the position, please answer the screening questions and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role. In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at www.bloomcoll.com.au.
Applications close on 31 July 2022
To find out more about the Bloomfield Group, please visit www.bloomcoll.com.au [link removed]
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.