|Job Employer||ECU Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Introduction to Ecu Worldwide Australia
ECU Worldwide is a global leader in NVOCC services with 300+ offices in 187+ countries, offering LCL and FCL services across the globe. Our wide variety of value-added services and outsourcing solutions make us exceptionally competent in handling and transporting complex cargo to anywhere in the world, seamlessly. Located at a newly renovated premises in Tullamarine, with free car parking space, ECU provides a dynamic work environment with supportive and friendly team members and great career progression in a Global company.
Senior Accountant reports to the Finance Manager, assisting to oversee the Accounts department. This role will have the direct responsibility for managing company financial affairs; includes budget projection, costing analysis; financial/management reporting & Auditing.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Bank Reco Monthly with Bank Statement PDF (Include Prepaid & Credit Card)
- GP reconciliation for the month
- Preparation of Physical verification of Cash Report
- Entry on Payroll Journal – Payroll taxes, Superannuation & Other deductions
- All expense booking (SG&A accruals etc) – to avoid unnecessary fluctuations (DOA)
- Fixed Assets booking – Depreciation
- Deposit reconciliation – e.g., custom duties etc.
- Sales/purchases reconciliation, unposted invoices
- Bad Debts Provision as per Policy
- VID Provision (If automated provision not happening)
- Monthly Report Submission as per the deadline without critical errors
- AR Report Submission
- Staff sheet update and submission
- Product wise GP submission
- Reported Trial Balance vs System Trial Balance Variance (If any)
- Cash Report – Weekly
- Weekly discussion with Sales team and Country Manager on AR position
- Update the status column for each invoice on weekly basis (AR & AP)
- Making Payments to the vendors
- Rejected/unapproved payable also need to input and commented in the system
- All unapproved invoices should be tagged to respective operations team members (Clear within 30 days)
- All the consol Reports like Console bundle, Confirmation requests templates.
- Local tax law Compliance (VAT/Corporate tax/GST/WHT) – Reconciled Trial Balance with returns
- Review BLs that are not invoiced in the BL Report (Also accrued income)
- Timely submission of Data for Audit
- Prepare the data required for the projects
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience in Accounting in the Freight forwarding industry preferable.
- Experience in Financial Accounting, Planning and Analysis essential
- Degree in Accountancy and preferably pursuing CPA
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook & Accounting Software
- Ability to efficiently adapt to new software systems.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & stakeholder management skills
- A great attitude, proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Pre-existing knowledge of air and sea freight shipping terms is preferred.
- Ability to function independently as required.