|Posting||Senior Improvement Officer|
|Job Employer||The Salvation Army|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
About the Role
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Improvement Officer on a max term basis (contract ending on 30/06/2023).
Reporting to the Business Support & Continuous Improvement Manager, you will work as a key member of the Business Support and Continuous Improvement team to drive the advancement, standardization and streamlining of national financial processes and systems and their integration with business processes to improve operations and quality of deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with process owners and stakeholders within a value stream to evaluate end-to-end financial processes, understand business requirements, and process variations to develop and implement national standardized processes and automated solutions, in accordance with corporate standards, ensuring appropriate controls and compliance are in place.
- Develop and document processes, process flow diagrams, key findings and provide improvement recommendations.
- Provide business process mapping expertise, analysis and support when analysing business processes.
- Support process owners with structures and disciplines, action management and tracking.
- Participate in project teams, as required, to assist with process, system and tools selection or testing and ensure end-to-end processes and impact on key stakeholders are considered in the process change.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops and providing business process training to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Facilitate ongoing monitoring of new processes for measurement of effectiveness and identification of any issues.
- Assist with the development, training and support in the application of tools and templates for the Continuous Improvement Framework.
This role would suit a senior level accountant who is highly organised, has a good understanding of transactional processing and the general ledger but a keen interest in end-to-end process improvement with the confidence to lead process reviews.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance, business or related appropriate discipline
- 4-7 years’ experience in a business improvement or finance process related role
- Strong background in quality, continuous improvement and service excellence
- Experience and knowledge of process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exposure to project management
- Highly developed analytical, business partnering & customer service skills
- High level computer literacy, including high level expertise in Excel
Why work for us
In return we offer our eligible employees real and meaningful benefits which include;
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Flexible working conditions
- Paid parental leave
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Opportunity for career development
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
How to Apply
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply via the link and submit a current CV and a cover letter which details your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.