|Posting||Studio Project Accountant|
|Job Employer||ASPECT Studios|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
ASPECT Studios is a purpose orientated, design led landscape architecture and urban design practice. With operations across Australia, Asia and the Middle East, our studios believe in the power of design to positively change people’s behaviour and lives, the environment, and the planet.
The Studio Project Accountant will play a critical part in the execution of complex projects and the overall financial performance of our practice. In this new position, you’ll report to the Group Finance Manager as part of the Group finance team, working closely with studios and the Commercial teams to accurately forecast studio and project finances, and ensure compliance with internal and external accounting standards and protocols.
This is a busy role working across several studios, requiring financial acumen, a sharp attention to detail, and inherent organisational skills. You’ll be tracking and supporting a number of projects at any given time, whilst providing high quality accounting advice and reporting/budgeting support.
We invite applications from candidates who are degree qualified in Accounting/Finance or similar, with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in project accounting roles. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of sub-consultancy agreements, best practice expense management, and project resourcing and billing.
Although experience in a design firm is not essential, demonstrated experience in landscape architecture, architecture, urban design, engineering, or construction will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a self-motivated and proactive working style;
- A confident communicator, with a natural ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Able to demonstrate global and strategic thinking, with a problem-solving mindset;
- An eye for detail and commitment to best practice;
- An expert in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Excel (essential);
- Proficient in the use of financial and project management systems/databases (essential); and
- Aligned to ASPECTs Purpose.
Ideally the successful candidate will be based in Melbourne, however we are open to considering candidates located in Perth, Adelaide, Sydney, or Brisbane.
Our people creative and driven, so you can rest assured that the team will have your back and help you to succeed. We are a business that is extremely supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential. Our training Strategy includes a regular calendar of internal and external training throughout the year with dedicated Training Advocates in each studio location.
Additional benefits you will enjoy as an ASPECT employee include:
- Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative,
- Access to generous Parental Leave benefits,
- Professional membership support – reimbursement of fees for design and non-design industry memberships,
- A busy calendar of studio social events including Friday afternoon activities and drinks,
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders,
- Fantastic company culture and work environment,
- A workplace supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential,
- MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and CV in strict confidence to [email protected]
Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.