|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join our Group Reporting team in Sydney.
The successful candidate will work alongside the group finance and the fund managers to deliver accurate reporting to external Joint Venture and Capital Partner stakeholders. They will support organisation wide statutory accounting & reporting activities, including supporting continuous improvement and ensuring compliance. The role has direct reports in our share services centre, and reports into the Senior Finance Manager, Statutory Reporting & Policy.
- Interpret basic sets of financial and non-financial information to determine optimal accounting outcomes
- Support the preparation and development of accounting policy and procedures
- Key relationship owner with external auditors, ensuring that all document and data requirements are met in
a timely manner
- Review key account reconciliations monthly to ensure relevant accounting standards are being followed appropriately
- Support the preparation of regular reporting on the financial and administrative requirements of JVs and ensure appropriate financial and tax treatment of JV/capital partner transactions.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis required to support queries relating to JV agreements
- Prepare JVs and JOs for half yearly and year-end financial statements, reports and statutory accounts
- Prepare monthly JV reporting for JV partners
- Enable organisational effectiveness by continuous improvement and innovation within statutory accounting & reporting activities
- Provide timely and accurate generation of JV reports (both financial and non-financial) to internal Stakeholders
- Ensure distributions, capital calls, loan and interest payments are approved and made to external stakeholders in compliance with contractual arrangements
- Supervise and manage a shared services team to support in the delivery of the role requirements.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s is required
- CA / CPA accreditation is required
- Experience in statutory accounting & reporting roles of similar level
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Intermediate in External Reporting
- Intermediate in General Accounting & Compliance
- Intermediate in Analysis & Reporting
- Intermediate in Internal Control & Risk Management
- Intermediate in Collaboration & Partnering
- Basic in Information & System Management
The Stockland Proposition
At Stockland we are a community delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. We work collaboratively and inclusively, building strong working relationships. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. We are committed to providing our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
We recognise the importance of flexibility and work life-quality and over 80% of our employees have informal or formal flexible work arrangements. Additionally, Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds and we want our teams to reflect this.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Benefits include free to access or subsidised lifestyle, health, well-being and financial services products.
Apply today – Stockland – it’s your place.
Agencies should note that unsolicited resumes will not be accepted for this position and Stockland will not pay any fees related to resumes that are submitted directly to hiring managers and not through our approved process. Where appropriate, the Careers @ Stockland Team will work with our preferred panel of agencies to source candidates for roles. Please submit any queries relating to the approved process of submitting candidate resumes or Stockland’s preferred agency panel to [email protected]