|Posting||SMSF Accountant (6 to 12 month contract)|
|Job Employer||OHM Chartered Accountants|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
We are a professional Chartered Accounting firm located in Malvern delivering high quality financial services to SME business and high net wealth individuals. We have a full-time time contract position (6-12 months) available in our Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) team for a person who has experience in accounting. You will manage all aspects of tax and compliance administration for the firm’s self-managed super funds with direction from a supportive director.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3-5 years business services SMSF accounting experience and have your CPA/CA accreditation. Knowledge and experience with Class and BGL (cloud based) is essential.
The major responsibilities will include:
- Primarily involved with the self-managed super fund team’s day-to-day work including workflow management
- Review of work of SMSF administrator (backoffis)
- Preparation of financial accounts and income tax returns for SMSFs;
- Calculation of pension liabilities where appropriate
- Consideration of contribution caps where appropriate
- Reconciliations of investment balances and investment returns
- Preparation of BAS & IAS Statements as required
- Liaise with ATO and Actuary on behalf of clients where required
- Liaison with the external SMSF auditors to ensure compliance with legislative requirements
Flexible working arrangements are available and there is also the opportunity for the right person to transition to our business services department at the completion of the contract.
Our firm is a great believer in work/life balance and as such we offer:
- Friendly work environment and an open door policy
- Continued training and development
- Support of further study through mentoring and study leave
- Casual Fridays
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Social activities and functions
- Excellent office facilities with convenient access to public transport, shops and great cafes
Please ensure you meet the above criteria before applying. All applications must include a covering letter, CV and university transcripts.
Please note only short listed candidates will be notified. No recruitment companies please.