|Job Employer||J & P Richardson Industries Pty Ltd|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Assistant Accountants|
WHO ARE WE?
JPR provides end-to-end project delivery and turnkey solutions from design, construction, engineering, in house manufacturing, electrical installation and 24/7 maintenance and breakdown support. Established in 1958 as an Australian owned/operated family business providing services in the electrical and mechanical contracting field. Today, JPR is one of the most respected Electrical Contracting and Engineering firms, backed by parent company Vinci Energies (one of the world’s largest construction companies).
Due to our continued success and growth as a business, we are building our Finance Team and have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Accountant to join our team. We will also consider those that are due to complete their degree by the end of 2022.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Based at our Wacol head-office in a new modern building, you will:
- Assist with month end management reporting;
- Have full ownership of all reconciliations both general ledger and accounts payable;
- Complete ABS returns;
- Enter a variety of data for daily, weekly and monthly transactions across all entities;
- Provide assistance in cost control;
- Complete ad hoc data analysis;
- Maintain and update fixed asset schedules;
- Prepare and assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy;
- Research and interpret accounting policy and regulations as required;
- Be involved with various ad hoc projects for the finance team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Have recently or are about to complete a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite – with intermediate/advanced skills in Excel;
- Results demonstrating strong analytical skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Results-orientated with the ability to learn quickly;
- Effective time management and organisational skills;
- Sound problem solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgements as required;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a small team environment and interact with a diverse group of people;
- Strong customer service orientation; and
- Ability to work in a fast-pasted, dynamic business environment.
At JPR we have a highly skilled, experienced and committed team who are the heart of our business. We pride ourselves in creating a safe work environment where individuals are inspired, valued and continually learn and grow. Our turnkey service provides a rare and well sought-after opportunity to experience and understand projects through their whole lifecycle. Together, we support each other, and we understand the importance of having the right balance between work, family and taking care of ourselves.
To learn more about J&P Richardson Industries Pty Ltd, please visit www.jpr.com.au.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive rates, terms and conditions.
If you are looking to commence your Accounting career, then submit your resume and cover letter via SEEK. Only permanent Australian residents need apply. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.