|Posting||Financial Business Partner|
|Job Employer||Service Stream Limited|
|Location||Financial Managers & Controllers|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
About the Role
Service Stream’s Transport division are currently seeking a Finance Business Partner to join our growing company. You will be Responsible for providing accounting support to our SA Roads team, supporting major transport projects in South Australia. The projects are delivered under our ongoing long-term contract with our client, Department of Infrastructure and Transport SA. The role is based in the Outback Region of South Australia where we are co-located with our client.
Nature of position: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Flexible – Adelaide or Port Augusta
Reporting Line: Contract Manager
- Preparing monthly financial statements for the business, conducting analysis on actual, forecast and budget information for submission to the Contract Manager, project team leads, and the Service Stream senior finance manager
- Maintaining JV / Project related ledger accounts, through from project sub-ledgers, to balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the Contract Manager and NIOC in submission of monthly payment / progress claims and invoicing to clients
- Conducting detailed analytical reporting of project performance
- Analysing project costings, ensuring costings are accurate to enable the preparation of reliable forecasts
- Assist with the review of key financial processes to facilitate continuous process improvement initiatives that meet the needs of the business
- Leading maintenance of all balance sheet reconciliations and action in a timely manner
- Partnering with operations in design and application of control environment
- Support best practice costing processes
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate and possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a project related finance / accounting role, preferably in the construction or services industry
- Experience with and ability to understand the commercial implications and impacts of project contracts and variations to the contracts
- Ability to navigate the interface of commercial, contractual and financial aspects of project performance.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel with particular focus on project FP&A
- Experience working with PowerBI or similar analytics applications preferable and will enable continuous improvement objectives
- Experience working with Jobpac accounting system preferable
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance or Business or Commerce with a major or sub major in accounting and/or Finance
- CPA / CA or MBA
Service Stream, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading national service provider to develop and operate Australia’s essential communications, energy and water networks in the telecommunications, utilities and transport industries. We specialise in the design, construction and maintenance of new and existing networks, and deliver end-to-end engineering and asset management solutions on behalf of our blue-chip client base.
Service Stream is an equal opportunity employer who believes diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and benefits our people, clients, and communities. We are committed to cultivate an inclusive and high-performing culture where our people thrive and are proud to bring their whole selves to work, inspiring a respectful and inclusive environment. Service Stream encourages and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences.
Service Stream does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from external Recruitment or Labour Hire Companies.