|Job Employer||Frontline Hospitality ACT & Southern NSW|
|Salary||$85000 – $90000 p.a. + Super|
About the Venue
My client owns and runs a successful east Asian street food restaurant. The chefs are nothing but amazing serving traditional Thai and Lao cuisine using all local ingredients. This venue sets itself apart from other restaurants offering the full package of traditional cuisines paired with classics and original recipe cocktails. Recently two bar tenders from this great venue were announced in Diego World class top 100 bartenders Australia. This restaurant has a menu that caters for all and adds weekly changes/specials. Hosting functions and events. This Company pride themselves on delivering outstanding customer service with a relaxed but elegant environment.
About the Role
Seeking a Venue manager boasting with ideas and creativity for this trendy restaurant. This is a full time role, full time availability over nights and weekends are a must. Working closely with the owner and operations manager to start with but there are plans for growing the business. Ideally the venue manager will successfully run this great restaurant and bar themselves and recruit your own perfect FOH team.
Ideally experience with all the following. Some aspects can be taught for the right candidate.
- 2 years management experience in a similar role as well as living and breathing cocktails, whisky, wine knowledge and craft beer is preferred.
- Sound understanding of financial operations, wage costs, budgets, PNL’S, targets and COG’S.
- Experience with rostering, stocktake and ordering.
- A desire to expand on an already great cocktail menu and have full creativity over the bar and beverage lists.
- Exceptional customer service standards.
- Train and recruit FOH team.
- Maintain and increase beverage sales.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Capable of managing a talented team of chefs and bar/wait staff independently.
- Collaborate with head chef for marketing and promotional ideas along with partnering with local businesses and events to support the local community.
- Proven leadership skills and a team player.
- Good time management, can work quickly and efficiently.
- Manage online bookings and events.
- Most of all a love of customer service and desire to work at a venue that promotes good vibes and a memorable experience.
- Salary 85-90K+super
- Ongoing achievements are rewarded with KPI bonuses in due time.
- Full creativity of bar/cocktail menu and marketing ideas.
- Gain knowledge around Lao and Thai Cuisine.
- Competitive salary.
- Work in a busy central location in Canberra.
- Training and assistance from the operations manager provided as much as needed.
- No very late nights.
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively, you can contact Jonathon Andrade on 0420 638 460 for a confidential discussion about the position.
You can also check out our website for other available positions.