|Job Employer||Studio Pilates Australia|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Studio Pilates is Pilates reimagined, offering a new era of workouts that is vibrant, results driven and totally addictive. We are a global company, with franchises across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the USA.
We are currently experiencing significant growth and are seeking a pro-active Accountant to join our HQ Finance Team on a permanent part-time basis.
Reporting to an incredibly supportive Head of Finance, your role will involve:
- Assisting with the monthly reconciliations across the Group, partnering with the bookkeepers and accountants in Australia, the USA, UK and Hong Kong to ensure accuracy
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly financial management reporting and re-forecast for the Studio Pilates International Group
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly cash flow reports
- Assisting with the preparation of templates for the franchisor and franchisee annual budgeting and business planning process
- Working closely with the HQ Operations Team to ensure seamless invoicing of monthly royalties and upfront fees
- Assisting with streamlining the internal process for monthly AR and AP and the integrity of supporting documentation. Where possible, improve and streamline accounts processes
- Assisting HQ departments with their monthly budgets
- Working closely with the HQ Marketing Team to report on monthly marketing fund spend, re-forecast and accruals, ensuring a seamless full year audit process
- Completing a monthly review of the chart of accounts and coding to ensure integrity of the General Ledger and Balance Sheet Control including preparation of work papers for the external auditors
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Accounting / Business
- Highly proficient in management accounting with proven experience in a commercial accounting role
- Highly competent in Microsoft excel
- Previous experience in either the fitness or franchise industry is highly desirable
- Experience with Xero is highly desirable
- Experience with external auditors preferred
Further to the above, we are looking for a great team player, but someone that also enjoys working autonomously. You will have the interpersonal skills to build great working relationships with financial and non-financial stakeholders, have the ability to influence when needed and have both a process and deadline driven mindset, with a key eye for detail. This role will suit you if you have an interest in the commercial aspect of finance and are able to apply your knowledge of the data to help the SPI Group and its franchisees make the best strategic decisions.
What Do We Offer?
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a boutique global company and play a pivotal role in the growth and expansion of Studio Pilates. At Studio Pilates, we foster a culture that is supportive, flexible and we always love to celebrate our success!
The successful candidate will be based at HQ in Hawthorne, Brisbane and will work approximately 20 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days (school hours are ideal). In addition, you will enjoy unlimited free pilates classes at our flagship Studio Pilates in Hawthorne.
Why wait? Apply now!