|Posting||Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Engine and Component Maintenance|
|Job Employer||Qantas Airways Ltd|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Aerospace Engineering|
- Challenge yourself to see the possibilities
- Together we’ll achieve a common goal
- Permanent Full Time working a 24/7 Shift roster
- Melbourne based
Our ability to stand the test of time has been no coincidence. We’ve come this far because we continue to evolve. It’s a challenge that never ends, and drives every individual in our team to make tomorrow better than today for our customers.
Qantas Engineering keeps us at the forefront of aviation, caring and maintaining both the Qantas fleet, as well as aircraft for our customers across the Asia-Pacific region. Working with state-of-the-art equipment and resources, our shared commitment to professional excellence continues to keep our customers safe.
Over the years, our resilience through tough times has seen us navigate many obstacles. That’s no different today, as we work together to overcome the challenge we face. Your new position as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will see you working in the Engine and Component Maintenance Services team, removing and installing quick engine change and line replaceable components, managing storage of Engine assets and rectification of Engine related repairs for Qantas and customer Airlines as per manufacturer/company specifications.
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical) or Australian recognised equivalent qualification.
- Previous Engine or Component experience is preferred
- Ownership and driven outcomes to meet business requirements
- Compliance with all safe working practices and service standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding mechanical Maintenance procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to being customer focused with the flexibility and willingness to undertake other reasonable duties as required
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to work shift work
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restrictions or sponsorship.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
If you’re up for achieving the impossible, register your interest and we’ll be in touch.