|Posting||Area Manager WA, SA and VIC (Outside School Hours Care)|
|Job Employer||The Extend Group|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Childcare & Outside School Hours Care|
The Extend Group invites applications from stellar Educational Managers to lead a cluster of OSHC services in Western Australia, South Australia including a cluster in Melbourne.
Salary: $90,000 – $96,000 Package includes Super and Bonus Payments. Additional Travel Allowance also applicable.
The Extend Group is looking for an experienced Area Manager for this people management role. You will have demonstrated experience managing people, preferably in the Child Care or Education sector. You have leaderships skills, the drive to succeed and the desire to support working families. The successful candidate finds purpose in working in Child Care. Your ‘can do’ attitude and solution focused approach will contribute to your success!
This is an important and dynamic people management role in the area of Outside School Hours Care (OSHC). It includes Before and After School Care and Vacation Care and reports directly to the National Programs Manager. This position is based in Western Australia and includes travel in Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria.
Extend is part of The Extend Group. The group of companies has a strong network of supportive managers who are committed to helping you meet your career goals. With a 20 year history of delivering OSHC, The Extend Group has an unblemished record of educating and caring for children and has earned the reputation as Australia’s safest OSHC provider.
Our signature experience includes:
- Extensive induction and support
- Continued skills based training
- Opportunities for career advancement within our four companies
- Lead and manage OSHC teams in schools.
- Oversee all aspects of service management including staff management, program design support, business management, and motivating and managing teams.
- Conduct Educator appraisals.
- Build & maintain excellent relationships with educators, principals, school staff, parents, regulatory authorities and suppliers.
- Prepare and support educators for Assessment and Rating reviews.
- Monthly rostering and reporting.
- A great opportunity for an experienced Educator or Manager to carve out a career in business.
- Autonomous full-time position.
- Lead and inspire your own cluster of teams!
- Professional training opportunities to ensure your success.
- Supportive environment.
- Business tools – Laptop, iPad, smart phone, travel allowance.
- Past people management experience in child care is a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated area management or remote team management experience is favourable.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally.
- Proven past success in management in any sector with the ability to demonstrate measurable outcomes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Current WA, VIC and SA Working with Children’s checks, First Aid 004 and relevant state required Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain, including RRHAN-EC mandatory notification training.
- Current drivers’ licence and own car (travel allowance provided).
- Completed a Diploma or above in Child Care, Education, Community Services, or equivalent.
If you decide to join The Extend Group and our constellation of companies, it’s because you want to ensure every child can be inspired, learn and have amazing experiences in their childhood. That’s what we call – QUALITY! If you think you’ve got what it takes to make a difference in the quality of learning for many, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the criteria.
For more information please contact Charmayne Linton, National Programs Manager on – 0472 599 154 for a confidential discussion.
Applications Close: When we hire you!